Who makes a true All Natural Candle?

So a definition needs to be adopted for "natural."

Dinosaurs were natural, thus Paraffin is natural. Right?

One dictionary says, "existing in or formed by nature ( opposed to artificial): a natural bridge."

Artificial is, "made by human skill; produced by humans ( opposed to natural): artificial flowers. "

So in that definition, the only natural candle is a tree hit by lightning.

Paraffin isn't made out of dinosaurs. Crude oil is composed of plants that grew when dinosaurs were around. That is the only connection there!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't really said much about this but when we were in school most of us learned that something that could not be replenished in a persons lifetime is considered a nonrenewable resource and paraffin is made from oil which is an nonrenewable resource. We have have to practically rape the earth to get it and destroy animals habitats and oops I accidentally spilled some in the ocean. Soy is a renewable resource because it can be replaced in a persons lifetime. I'm not saying it's natural or better or what have you. Yes, I know that soy crops probably destroy habitats and cause deforestation in the rainforests. We dont really hear about soy crops on the news but we do hear about oil spills so that may be alot of the reason why people go to that place with paraffin. I don't really care what anyone makes or how they advertise their products I just wanted to add this to the thread. Please bash me if you like. It's cool with me. I still love you all!! Kisses! :-)

http://deforestationwatch.org/index.php/Key-Papers/Palm-Oil-and-the-Image-Problems-of-Environmentalism.html

It is well established too that palm oil is the most sustainable of ALL the oilseed crops with a yield close to 10 times that of its nearest competitors such as soy, rapeseed or sunflower. For instance, palm oil has a typical yield of 4 to 5 metric tons per hectare planted which dwarfs the typical yield of 0.5 tons per hectare for its competitors.

I say we go back to tallow, it's a by-product of the meat industry and obviously sustainable and cheap. We can then get into discussion as to whether tallow from grass-fed, free range beef is better than feed lot beef. We can also blend bee's wax into it; perfect solution.... except for us vegetatians :sad2:

Guess they don't participate in this forum or understand the meaning of "natural".
I am assuming you are referring to the owners of the allnaturalcandles site... They don't even understand the meaning of "replace the default Latin text with your own." Seems they haven't added anything lately... Wish they'd take it down until it's finished...

Hey Sharon - the domain expires in 2012 - there's still a chance you could snatch up that name!!! ;)

Edited by Stella1952

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21968[/ATTACH]

My candles are perfectly All Natural. Says so right on the label! If it is in print, it has to be true.

Cheers,

Steve

Cat hair wicks! :shocked2: that was the best part of this whole discussion!

Cat hair wicks!
OMG - I missed that!! And here I've been straining my wax to remove them!! What a fool I've been to discard all that all-natural material! Yer killin' me, Steve!! May I copy your label?

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Edited by Stella1952