Crochet Creations

DeAnna_EC

OMG, my daughter would go nuts over that bunny!! I think they are all sooo cute! Nice work! I'm still trying to figure out how to crochet--just bought a DVD and I'm hoping that will help me some. At this point I would be happy with a dishcloth--your stuff is freaking awesome!

Love em'. Those pics brought back memories of my mom and all of her creations over the years. I watched and decided I was going to crochet too....I did for a short time, but never "had it" like she did. I wish I had kept trying. Your lil' characters are absolutely adorable. I'm envious. I love the sheep too...the face is perfect! Nice!

Thanks all :smiley2:

i cant stop crocheting LOL, if i sit i have to crochet, i have tons of things, i dont think ive went to the store to buy a "present" in so long, if my kids need a gift for a friend they come to me and go through all the characters, creatures and animals.

I dont know how many Marios, pokemon and other game characters ive made as gifts for their friends but its so fun and no one else will have a gift like that.

I just finished some little wristlet bags, soooo cute, I will post them when i can find where my 8 yr old hid my camera LOL

Would love to see them. Crochet gifts are the best. They last forever. My mom made each of the new grandbabies a baby blanket. She (and I don't know the terms), would crochet squares "tight" and alternate with squares that were loose. On the tight squares, she would go back and cross stitch different animals in pastel colors. I still have the one she made our son 25 years ago and it looks just as good as the day she made it. She got tons of orders for those blankets too. People loved em'

And I want the buffalo. My high school mascot was a bison...green and white were our colors...hint/hint. LOL

I taught myself to crochet many years ago using a book...before videos..lol. I made my kids Christmas stockings and finally gave them to them to use in their home...I hated to part with them.

When my kids were in elementary school they had a Christmas craft fair and asked for donations from parents...nothing expensive. My grandmother crocheted some potholders and a couple of other things for it. I made 2 dozen "somethings" (I can't remember now what they were) but was in total shock when I was told they sold right away.

And lovemylabs...get out that yarn and those hooks and keep trying. If it's something that you love...you are never too old. You sound just like me with sewing. I found out that patience IS a virtue and taking my time I am doing ALL of the proper sewing steps...ironing and basting. It DOES pay off in a better looking project. Oh...and if something is wrong...rip it out and do over. Don't try to come up with your own new technique to hide it....lol.

You know Maggie...I might just do that! My mom has been gone for almost three years now. Miss her dearly. I have boxes of her belongings. In one of the boxes, I came across her crochet hooks. She'd be thrilled to know I took up one of her passions. Now..If I could fit that in with my soap and candle business, new grandbabies and my scrapbooking and gardening. Hmmm...This may be something I look into doing in the fall. Thanks Maggie!

i definitely think you should pick it up again, my mom taught me when i was about 7 or 8 yrs old, and i didnt pick it back up until last year, im 40 now and i honestly enjoy it more than i ever thought i could.

i still do my soaps, and make my wax tarts, but on those days when everyone is gathered in the family room and we're watching a movie i crochet, you'll be surprised how many requests you get just from your family to "oooh can you make me this or that" LOL

even if its just squares or something little, there are alot of places that take them for donation to make blankets for the homeless.

my fav thing to donate are little fish with long yard tails stuffed with catnip to the local animal shelters.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow, those are so cute. I've never crochet'ed anything before but was curious...do you just make up the designs as you go for the different animals or do you follow a pattern? I simply can not add another hobby into my long list of crafts but they are really lovely!

• 2 weeks later...