Snappy bag

TexasBrat

Very cute.

I am sewing a ruffled apron with heart shaped bib using the black with white dots that you used for the top of your bag.

After almost 11 years I am back to sewing and loving it again.

My next project is going to be a challenge for me...lol...I found a really cute bag/purse in a book I ordered...The Bag Bible. I have just about everything I need except she suggests buying a bias tape maker. I missed that on the instructions the day I bought the fabric etc.

I pulled a huge box out of the closet that is filled with fabrics and patterns and a quilt that I started in 1999.

I've been sewing since I was little...mostly by hand and on my mother's old treadle machine.

Maggie, I can't wait to see your purse. I love making purses but have lost my mojo recently for making them. I started making one last weekend but gave up.:confused: I have no clue why but I hope I can get back into it again.

Too bad that you lost your purse making mojo because I remember looking at so many gorgous pics of them here.

I have to buy one more thing to get started...a bias tape maker. Of course the purse I want to start with requires a lot of bias tape/fabric and I don't want to make it the "old fashion" way. lol Thursday I am going to visit a good friend who used to be a pro seamstress. She lives close to the PA Fabric Outlet and that place is a sewer's heaven. I was there a few months ago and got 4" wide lace trim...4 yards were $1.00. They don't sell gadgets so a HUGE JoAnn's is close so will go there for the bias tape maker.

I plan to have everything cut out this week...and hopefully start the purse on Friday. Gotta finish this 2nd apron. It's NOT cooperating with me. LOL