Beeswax and allergy to bees?

jonsie

I'm considering using beeswax to harden up my M&P, and will be sure to list it on the label, but I was wondering if some people have a reaction to it?

One little boy that likes my soap crayons is allergic to bees, so that has me especially concerned.

You don't have to use beeswax to harden your M&P. You can also use coconut oil, cocoa butter, palm stearic. Any of these or a combo of them work great at hardening M&P soap. I never had to use BW and my soaps are rock hard after 1-2 days cure.

Hi Jonsie,

I use beeswax from a local apiary as one of the hardeners in my M&P soaps. Using local beeswax is one of the best selling points about my soap...

I list it right on the front of my label, under my soap title, along with the tag line,,,, Minnesota Made from Minnesota Grown. If someone may have an allergy or concern they've not voiced it to me. And I sell TONS of soap.

I also market a gourmet food line, as well as a bath and body line... again there's is always someone who may have a soy, MSG, wheat, peanut or some other allergy so it's important to list potential allergy products on labels.

In todays world most people know their allergies and are in tune to checking labels.

good luck... and have fun creating....