Pop Colors?

inherowndominion

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from their "out of stock items page"

All Things Pop Mica: The manufacturer has discontinued this product line. We have searched for a suitable replacement and hoped to have good news by March 1, but to no avail. We are discontinuing this item. Of course, we will continue to look for replacements, but please consider the item discontinued.

looks like its true :( They are what I use too, so I'm sorely dissapointed. This means re-testing everything from my soy wax crayons to my soaps.

from the same page:

• If you make color cosmetics, we suggest that you consider replacing the colors with our True Colors (for blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, lemon and apple) and either Patagonia Purple or Amethyst for Grape and Passion Orange for Tangerine. In the meantime we continue to work on sourcing alternatives.
  • If you make soap, we suggest you sit on your hands a tad bit longer. We do have a resource for a similar line of stable, non-bleeding colors and we hope to launch those in about a month.

kinda hard to "sit on our hands" when we are a business that has orders to fill. Luckily I have a bit of a stash built up, with at least 1oz of each left- but thats not alot. This is really dissapointing.

Extremely! Considering the purple is the one I need the most. I've tried their amethyst in CP soap and FYI: NOT STABLE! It turns gray. Sitting on my hands isn't an option.

What are we soapers supposed to do about the other colors? And what's "about a month?" Ugh, I hate to go back to using regular old oxides because the colors just aren't as vibrant, especially the orange, yellow and greens!

Yep. Super sheet LOL I posted an ad to see if anyone has any, I'd really like to keep using these as long as possible until an alternative comes out. IF one comes out. It would have been nice if TKB would have given a little warning IMO. Suddenly they are out of stock one day and next day it's "we are discontinuing", not even a chance to stock up. That's kinda crappy of them.

I can't imagine the mineral make up people, I'd be doubly upset!!!

For once, my obsession with saving money paid off. I have bought POP micas evrytime I saw them listed on the classifieds or anywhere else. I looked in to my mica drawer yesterday and I am a happy camper. I have plenty for a couple of years at least.

Now I know this doesn't help anyone else. :tiptoe:

For once, my obsession with saving money paid off. I have bought POP micas evrytime I saw them listed on the classifieds or anywhere else. I looked in to my mica drawer yesterday and I am a happy camper. I have plenty for a couple of years at least.

LOL! You are a tease. I'm up for seeing what they coe up with and hope it will be better. Maybe someone will actually make a real red that doesn't take too much work. I know people say it's out there, but I have given up the chase for now.

yep just crossing fingers whatever they come out with wil be better. in the meantime it has me thinking twice about mineral makeup. I have made pressed powder makeup in the past an enjoyed it, perhaps its time to revisit the idea and start buying my micas really in bulk- so if a situation like this arises, I do have at least a pound. Super costly, yes... but right now I'd do just about anything for a pound of my pops.. kinda taught me a lesson about thinking "such and such" will always be around and ordering 1oz at a time wasnt an issue.

Wanna make some money??? Just Kidding

I have a little but I'm hoping replacements won't be too long. Good thinking on your part!

yep just crossing fingers whatever they come out with wil be better. in the meantime it has me thinking twice about mineral makeup. I have made pressed powder makeup in the past an enjoyed it, perhaps its time to revisit the idea and start buying my micas really in bulk- so if a situation like this arises, I do have at least a pound. Super costly, yes... but right now I'd do just about anything for a pound of my pops.. kinda taught me a lesson about thinking "such and such" will always be around and ordering 1oz at a time wasnt an issue.

Well since you put it that way ... j/k! I'm wondering if there wasn't something in the manufacturing of the process that maybe was a no no or has come under scrutiny of the FDA. Who knows. While pounds are costly, and I'm not into producing as much as most people, I am to the point of getting more than an oz when I order. Fortunate for me, I tend to lose track of where I put something, so I have some POPs to get me through.

Here I was hoping the POPs would replace select shades, since that company was just a little beyond too unreliable for sending out packages. Now when I'm out of SS, I will likely break out into nervous sweats lol.

lol I dont think I'll ever get used to change- even though it happens so often.. so and so goes out of busines, OK gotta replace those soap boxes. Such and such FO stops being made... OK gotta test 5 different ones and still not find a proper replacement... jangled nerves!!

Oh I know this feeling. I thought it was only me. It's been quite aggravating and leaves me just chillin' out for the time being, because I still need to find a really good sandalwood that won't kill my pocketbook but would be close to the red santal that SS carried, but still that was expensive too. And then I have a few packaging woes and the list goes on and on. There's quite a bit I miss, but that's the name of the game I imagine. I just need some time off to clear out what won't be around any more so I can start in on driving another person OOB ... I mean get hooked on the next thing that will be discontinued lol.

I totally know how that goes. The FO thing is annoying. When I find one I like and suddenly POOF, it's disappears. I noticed Just Scent that does to me a lot, which sucks cause I love their stuff, but don't use them so often now because it got too hard trying to replace FO's all the time

The POP thing is just really getting under my skin. I used to buy everything from TKB, all my colorants, and I'm thinking I'm just gonna stop and find somewhere else. I can't believe the whole "sit on your hands" comment. I don't expect them to do the impossible and make POP appear out of nowhere (but that'd be cool huh?) but still, a little warning would have been good. Ugh! My confidence is just totally shot because I used micas and oxides SO often!

ummm.... Peak Candle Supply has "Pop Mica's" dunno if that is the same thing

Would be a place to compare then. But if the manufacturer is going to stop for TKB, wonder why/if Peak will be able to continue carrying (based on if they are the same.)

Edited by Scented