Having issues with Candlewarmers

I am having issues with CandleWarmers, ect warmers.

I don't know if I am having really bad luck or what!

2 halogen bulbs burnt out in less than a month, plug in stopped working after a month, ceramic dish and bowl stopped working after a month, and another warmer is in question about not working( I haven't gotten it back from customer yet)

This is all from Christmas sales.

What is you policy for defective items?

I am frustrated and this isn't the 1st time I have had issues with their warmers. Leaking warmers with Tuscan Brown Illumination and plug ins and Snowman arms painted backwards. ect....

Sorry so long. I am venting before I call them.

I totally understand. Alot of bulbs are burning out from my Christmas sales as well. I'm all out of warmers, but now I have to buy more bulbs.

Call and talk to Tyson. I would insist that he send you FREE replacements. I mean, 2 months and they are already burning out? That's ridiculous. Those bulbs aren't cheap.

Good luck and let us know what they say.

Thanks,

Carrie

I had a plug in (Square cream) that had a bad switch ~ I couldn't turn it off. Called and they sent a whole new unit (Round cream embossed) @ no charge at the beginning of February. The switch on the new one works but sometimes I have to fiddle with it before it turns off.

This was the first time I'd even tried one of their warmers and don't know if I'd resell or even recommend any of their plug in's ...

Granted they did have good customer service regarding the replacement but getting a second one that is acting "weird" puts their quality control process in doubt.

Edited by Judy, USMC

Quality control? The things come from China. The US wholesaler doesn't run them through quality control.

There's where the problem is ... a company submits a design with an overseas manufacturer, gets a prototype, makes sure it works, signs a contract and gets delivery of a container load.

If they'd just do a spot check of even 1 per hundred they would be able to see if the things match the prototype and actually work. But instead they don't care/don't take the time. They don't realize there's a problem until things get returned to them. And that puts the re-sellers in the middle.

I offered to send the broken one back (my dime) so they could tear it apart to determine what the problem was. Nope - they weren't interested. Maybe their manufacturer has gone with a lower cost lamp or switch assembly. I just can't understand why a company won't protect themselves from being ripped off just by checking what they are getting.

This is the scary part of their Refund/Return policy: "Candle Warmers, Etc. will not honor claims, returns or exchanges when our products are purchased through Ebay® or secondary parties." Which means only the reseller can handle the return unless the purchaser filled out the Warranty Registration.

I have had about 3 or 4 defective plug in warmers. They did replace them or credit my account for them but it did frustrate me and make me re-think selling them to customers. They did have a problem with some bulbs from the plug ins which they have changed out. This was back in the fall. The silver based bulbs are supposed to be better than the gold based bulbs that they started with. At least that's what they told me. The ones with the gold bases were the ones they were having problems with.

This is so not what I wanted to hear, folks! I just received my very first order from them and I fell in love with the warmers. I tested them all to make sure the bulbs work before I sell them, so hopefully they don't burn out after a month! Now I'm worried and will need to re-think my return/exchange policy.

I signed up with OBI but it sounds like their shipping costs are kinda high and they recommend a $300-$500 order to keep them low...I can't afford that.

My shipping from OBI is very reasonable. The $300-500 they recommend is for LTL shipping, through a freight company. I placed a smaller order that took two boxes (large one and medium one) a few weeks ago and shipping was about $27, not high at all.

HTH,

Steve

My shipping from OBI is very reasonable. The $300-500 they recommend is for LTL shipping, through a freight company. I placed a smaller order that took two boxes (large one and medium one) a few weeks ago and shipping was about $27, not high at all.

HTH,

Steve

Oh wow. That's not bad at all then. I must have read it wrong then. Thank you!

Not to change the subject BUT there are some warmers from OBI that I've had returns on also. I got 30 of them; the solid color white 2 piece (hotplate with bowl) and 2 piece decorated with angels. 4 had bad in-line switches and 2 others the indicator light stopped working ... the plate was hot but the red light would not come on.

It takes time, but now I check every one I get and make sure the buyers know my contact information if they have any problems. Then I just hold my breath and hope they keep working.

Edited by Judy, USMC

I also check every warmer I get, from OBI and other sources, as soon as I get them in. The only problem I have ever had with an OBI warmer was one of the nightlite warmers. The tab that holds the body on had broken. I called them and they credited my account. Would have sent me another one, but I had bought the last two, LOL. I have only been selling them for about a month, but hopefully none of them will start coming back.

Cheers,

Steve

I have gotten bad warmers from OBI and Candlewarmers. Some that were defective when I received them, some broken. I just received a complaint that a bulb burned out of a plug in already:) Not sure which company, because I had warmers from both. What the heck, how are we supposed to keep selling quality products when our sources are so unreliable.

On the same note, I have bought warmers from Levines for years, and I don't know if I have ever had a defective one.

I have bought Jackel warmers once. The Inspirations sell really well for me. They are smaller than the Candle dish warmers. Very nice. Packaging is not as fancy as Candlewarmers. The top of teh warmer was in bubble wrap and there was a pc. of cardboard in between it and the bottom of the warmer.

I also bought the Crimson Rose glass tealight burners. The wire on one of them was bent and when I tried to straighten it I broke the wire. I put it in the consignment shop as an "as is"...just needs a little bit of solder.

I haven't had the funds to buy from them again; but I will in the future.

Trudi

I also check every warmer I get, from OBI and other sources, as soon as I get them in. The only problem I have ever had with an OBI warmer was one of the nightlite warmers. The tab that holds the body on had broken. I called them and they credited my account. Would have sent me another one, but I had bought the last two, LOL. I have only been selling them for about a month, but hopefully none of them will start coming back.

Cheers,

Steve

I have about a dozen OBI night light / plug-in warmers that were broken or the rubbery piece hardened up on leaving the body of the warmer wobbly. All Christmas returns . . .I am very upset and still need to take pictures to get to OBI for credit / returns. Not sure if it was a bad batch or what, but am leary on re-ordering more :(

I've been making candles for a few years now, but I've had to start looking into candle warmers because open flames aren't allowed in my dorm. I've seen a lot of brands mentioned here, but you also might try looking into safecandle.net. A guy next door to me has a candle warmer and his room always smells like the cranberry candle he uses. Better than BO, I guess.

Edited by pyrotechnic11
mistyped suggestion

I've been making candles for a few years now, but I've had to start looking into candle warmers because open flames aren't allowed in my dorm. I've seen a lot of brands mentioned here, but you also might try looking into safecandle.net. A guy next door to me has a candle warmer and his room always smells like the cranberry candle he uses. Better than BO, I guess.

ooOO another hit for Sentsy