What would a good scent be for a Courtesan

lsbennis

I recently watched a movie called Dangerous Beauty about a real-life women named Veronica Franco who was a Courtesan back in the late 1500 in Venice. Anyway I was inspired to name a scent Courtesan after watching this movie and I was wondering what you all thought a Courtesan would smell like.

Here is a thought

Chocolate Patchouli

Chocolate is indulgent and sinful (or so they say )

Patchouli - smoky and mysterious.

I blend Taylored Concepts Chcolate and Peak's Patchouli Patchouli...I think it smells wonderful.

Maybe throw in a bit of sandalwood or vanilla to soften it if it is a bit harsh. HTH :-)

I'd probobly do a blend with jasmine being a strong note. Maybe jasmine, rose, and musk . . amber would work well too. This might be similar to Amber Romance, but I'm not specifically familiar with the blend.

For general time accuracy, in the 1500s rose is a trendy new import from China and very posh. Actually in the 1500s perfuming was just starting as an industry in Europe.

Oh I think I know just the scent, but ... don't think you can get it. Sigh.

Egyptian Dragon would definitely work.

Sweet Amber Musk by itself would work too.

However, there are two Southern Soaper scents that come to mind:

Prelude to Love

Couer d'Amour

(There's actually a third one, but I can't remember the name of the FO arg!)

and then there's Southern Gardens

Mata Hari

SGS Goddess!!

This was exactly what I was thinking. Its rich, spicy, earthy, sensual, and naughty. It used to be an Old Mill fragrance but is now at SGS along with OM's Mata Hari, Kimona, Scarlett. The OM oils are awesome!

Edited by Candybee

SGS Goddess!!

OMG. That is the worst vomit-inducing, 1960's naughahyde couch smelling scent ever.

That has got to be the most polarizing scent I have ever come across, because people are either head-over-heels for it or absolutely disgusted by it. It is amazing.

OMG. That is the worst vomit-inducing, 1960's naughahyde couch smelling scent ever.

That has got to be the most polarizing scent I have ever come across, because people are either head-over-heels for it or absolutely disgusted by it. It is amazing.

lol...alrighty then...well I must admit when I first smelled it kind of remineded me of cat pee...I don't know why, but I just figured it blooms in soap and wax so I'm willing to give it a chance.

I love that movie!!!! i love the dueling scene with Oliver Platt...hope that's the right movie..how about Neroli? it's the one where Jacqueline Bissett teaches her daughter how to be a courtesan right...neroli I think is lush and strong but musk is also a great way to go. I'm going through my VHS tapes, I have that movie somewhere

I love that movie!!!! i love the dueling scene with Oliver Platt...hope that's the right movie..how about Neroli? it's the one where Jacqueline Bissett teaches her daughter how to be a courtesan right...neroli I think is lush and strong but musk is also a great way to go. I'm going through my VHS tapes, I have that movie somewhere

Yup, that is the one, it was a great movie, I can't believe I never saw it before. I never thought of Neroli but that is a good idea.

Re: Fracas

I had to go look, after that description.

This is strange - the link the came up from a Google search was just one size - the 1oz

===========

Available Options:

1oz - $6.50 $4.88

============

But when I go to the alphabetical listing I get these prices.

1oz - $15.00

2oz - $27.00

4oz - $50.00

-----------

I wonder why there is such a discrepancy ? Might order the 1oz while it is still on sale ...

Re: Fracas

I had to go look, after that description.

This is strange - the link the came up from a Google search was just one size - the 1oz

===========

Available Options:

1oz - $6.50 $4.88

============

But when I go to the alphabetical listing I get these prices.

1oz - $15.00

2oz - $27.00

4oz - $50.00

-----------

I wonder why there is such a discrepancy ? Might order the 1oz while it is still on sale ...

I had to have a look after it was suggested also...was at a loss for words when I saw the price...lol :shocked2:

Has anyone used this oil?