These hold 2-3 lbs of M&P Perfectly!!!

xxxtennillexxx

I've been using these since I started making M&P. I just found them at Walmart today. $4.58 for the container and cheese, cheaper than any molds I've found! They have nice square edges and work wonderfully for anyone who doesn't want to spend the money on a loaf mold! I love mine!!:yay:

:yay::yay:I have one of these I rarely use, and the cheese alone is that price. Thanks for the nifty share! Happy Holidays!

They release perfectly. No hang-up at all. I don't know the exact size...They fit the 2lb loaves of cheese in them. I cut 4.5-5.0 ounce bars out of them. I think it is the perfect size for a bar of soap. :)

If you can't find them be sure to look all over the store. They were hanging on the end of the freezer section at my store. There were none w/the rest of the velveeta.

That is so crazy!! LOL...I bought the silicone loaf mold from WSP and absolutely love it. But the thing is $20.00. The size of this soap mold is 3.5" x 2.5" x 8". I just bought a box of velveeta w/o the container :sad2: and the actual box is 2 7/8" x 2 3/4"x 8 1/2". So the box looks like it fits in there pretty snug w/o too much room to spare? So we'd be talking almost a square soap...I will def have to get a couple of these (if I can find them)....what a bargain!! Thanks so much for sharing!:yay:

My Velvetta box holds about 2 1/2 pounds of melted M&P soap. I can cut 14 slices (about 4oz each) from a loaf. I normally allow it to set on it's own, but sometimes I set the whole box in the freezer for a couple minutes and then unmold it. I haven't had any problems with it not releasing from the box.

Edited by PAgirl89

I use the drawer organizer boxes/trays from the dollar store for MP loaves. They hold about 4 lbs at a time in the big full trays and 2.5ish in the smaller 2/3 sized ones that come as a set of 2. Unfortunately the sides and ends aren't perfectly squared off but I cut those up and either use them for personal use or as samples at shows or to send out with orders. Have gotten quite a few repeat orders that way.

I may have to check walmart for these the next time I am there too.

If you know anyone who is a tea drinker, he/she may have some of the canisters from Republic of Tea. These work well for about 3 nice-sized bars of soap or smaller sample/guest-size bars. I drink this brand of tea a lot and have a big box of the canisters that I use quite a bit.

Karen (Dayton, Ohio)

• 1 month later...

i also have found..the half & half cartons work great..

you can get it in the 1/2 gal. size..and the pint size..

(the ole fashioned milk cartons)

i lov it too, when we find something good that works, and not have

to pay extra for it..

i will be looking for velvetta cheese...:)

i am ordering my first M&P from the co-op going on right now..

so this will be great...

i also have found..the half & half cartons work great..

you can get it in the 1/2 gal. size..and the pint size..

(the ole fashioned milk cartons)

i lov it too, when we find something good that works, and not have

to pay extra for it..

i will be looking for velvetta cheese...:)

i am ordering my first M&P from the co-op going on right now..

so this will be great...

I love the half and half containers or any pint size milk carton. Just enough for around 3 bars of soap.

• 1 year later...

Since the Velveeta boxes make a smaller size bar, I'm going to use this to make a ton of little soaps for Christmas happies to party guests or stocking stuffers.

I used an empty Pop Weaver popcorn box this morning as a mold for 4 pounds of soap. Worked great as long as you make the corners spill-proof with some tape and a liner.

These are my favorite molds! They make the size soap I prefer--the larger molds I have make soap too big for my hands--and I don't have small hands!! I had hoped they would bring them back this holiday season--thank goodness they did! I have 3 of them but am anxious to get more.

• 4 months later...