Unexpected mottle

Pam W

Made this one yesterday and what a SURPRISE!! I've been using Peak's 140 paraffin lately & haven't been able to get any decent mottles or rustics. Darn thing came out of the mold mottled and rustic. No additives were used, just straight paraffin and sandlewood FO. I had used 3 slabs out of the case and got very little mottling - just a few scattered specks around the tops & bottoms of the candles so I wasn't expecting what I got with this particular slab. I knew something was going on while the candle was cooling cause the leftover in the presto & pour pots mottled as it cooled and the presto didn't even have FO in it...

The 1st layer has a small amount of mottle which indicates (I assume) that the majority of the FO was at the bottom of the pour pot even though I stirred and stirred before pouring. The 2nd layer frosted but not the 1st or 3rd. I have one slab of this wax left -- wonder what it will do!! This wax should be renamed 'mystery wax'.

post-450-139458388473_thumb.jpg

Looks great. Betcha can't do it again (smile)

You're so right:cheesy2: I have about 1/2 that slab left & will save it for mottles. Hopefully the last full slab from this case will do the same. I'm going back to 1343 when I reorder.

My co-worker really liked it and so did everyone else in the building - got orders for 5 more pillars :D One lady walking by my desk, stopped suddenly and said " I smell it -- where is it?"

Gotta love it when the drifting FO does the selling!