new supply of GG Palm is different

Like I posted earlier you can mix some of the non-crystalizing batch in with the good at about 10-15% with no problems.

I'm still waiting to hear back from CS about the problem wax. Am wondering if they intend to pull the bad cases out and send them back to the manufacturer. They really need to do something about it.

I will definitely try adding 10-15% of the "good" palm to the "bad" palm for now. Thanks.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my bag from CS yesterday and tested a jelly jar right away. So disappointed. The three hex jars are from the previous shipment of GG. Awaiting an email back from CS as to what to do with this bag of "fake gg". :sad2:

Yup! Thats what the bad wax looks like. You can send it back for a refund. You'll need to contact them about it.

Yeah, I figured it was. What a pain in the butt. :angry2:I sent Diane an email right away as she asked me to keep her posted. That was on Tuesday and haven't heard anything back yet. I'll give it a little while longer and then call them later on in the day. I did get a sample from another supplier and it's workin' like a charm.

As for me, I did get an email back from Diane. I sent my case of palm back to them the next day. They got it on Tuesday (26th). I'm just awaiting my account to be credited. At this point, I do have the sample I'm working with from another supplier. It's the original GG. I emailed them asking if they had more in stock as we were going by there next week and could pick up several cases. I haven't heard from them. :confused:

I'll call them tomorrow to see. I'd love to get it from CS...but just don't want to keep playing "hit or miss". How about you?

I'm the same way labs. I sent my 5 bags back and I'm waiting for the credit to the account. I will be keeping the lot number handy.

I love CS and hope they figure out a way to get past this batch, I would love to continue to buy from them, but not if this isn't cleared up. Confidence is a big thing when buying big bags of this stuff.

I hope they can get it figured out. I am getting large quantities from another supplier, but it is more expensive. For what I am paying for 4 cases, I could be getting 5 from CS. It adds up. I have ordered a couple bags from CS in the last couple weeks to "test the waters" so to say. Opened up the first, took a sniff and it smelled like GG, tested out fine. Opened the second, and as soon as I smelled it I knew it was bad. Tested out bad. I know they are testing samples to try to figure out the problem. But to me, the low tech sniff test would work to seperate out the bad bags. Don't know how they would go about smelling all the bags, but it would be better than sending out bad ones. Well, not my business, I guess...

Cheers,

Steve

Oh, and once seperated out...sell as "frost" palm or something. Still good wax, just not GG. Just my opinion.

Edited by Wessex

Yeah...this stinks for everyone. Five bags...ouch!. Right now, I'm so bummed about it as we were in the testing phase and things were going fantastic. I've decided I would wait for a little while unless we can pick some up from another supplier as we're heading to Ohio next week for a few days. I do think that's a good idea Steve...that would solve so many problems and save everyone time and money. That sniff test did it for me. As soon as I opened the bag I knew it was different. And as for the tester I poured...it was Blueberry Cobbler from NG...wicked a JJ with a CSN9 and it did pretty well. Actually smelled pretty amazing, but just not glass glow. I'm sure CS will be glad when this nightmare is over. BTW...I got an email confirmation just today that the bag had been received and a credit would be coming.

So, my brand new palm wax from CS is apparently the "bad batch". I got 2 10lb bags of the glass glow and they turned out not like any gg candles I've made before. They are still pretty but more resemble the candles you guys have been talking about. Kinda of a shimmery frosty look.

Even though its not the GG I've worked with in the past, I really like the look. If I wanted to make more candles that looked like this is there a certain type of palm to request or look for or is this just a total fluke?

Pixie,

There is a "crystal" palm at other suppliers, but it is a pillar wax. It looks similiar, but probably would not do too well in a container (pulling away from sides). There used to be something called "frost", but has been discontinued. So you are pretty much out of luck unless you get another bad batch from CS. But hey, just order some GG and you have a 50/50 chance of getting the "dud" palm, LOL.

Cheers,

Steve

If you need 55 pounds +, I would be glad to sell you some, LOL.

Edited by Wessex