More 4045H pillars....

Beth-VT

Guest EMercier

Those are really nice. I really like the buning candle picture. Are you using a digital camera for that? If so, what are you mega pixels? That picture is beautiful.

Those are really nice. I really like the buning candle picture. Are you using a digital camera for that? If so, what are you mega pixels? That picture is beautiful.
Yup, it's digital. I can do 6 meg but have it set to 3 most of the time. I took probably 30 different pics on a tripod, playing around with manual/auto/F stop/shutter speed etc.

Big tip is to use the Macro function if you have it. And drop your focus point to just a hair below the flame.

My background's not that great, but hey, for a stove top I thought it worked pretty decent. ;)

Great candle shots Beth! Thanks for the pic tips. Gotta question. How the heck to do you get the dark background? I tried turning off the lights but then the flash takes over.
OH, forgot to mention......don't use a flash :rolleyes2. It helped that the background (stove) was black, but I think it's too dark. A little lighter backdrop I think would be better, but still no flash. But you'll need a tri-pod cuz your shutter times will be longer. Just have to play around with it.