What FO's would you consider "Oriental"?

Judy, USMC

This fall our Guild is participating in a Festival of Trees and our theme is "Good Fortune." Decorations will be hand folded oragami. Colors are Black, Gold, Red and Cream.

We also have an oportunity to sell items with a percentage going to support the local Hospice. I'd love to sell a ton of candles and give my profits to them.

So, for candles, what would you recommend for the FO (indicate supplier please) and color suggestions.

Thanks!

Well, since origami is Japanese, I would go with Japanese pear and ginseng (elements) and yuzu (SGS), or both can be found at AH/RE.

Traditional Japanese incense has sandalwood in it, and cloves, cinnamon, patchouli, etc. And cherry blossoms, plum blossoms...

Let's see, there is

Japanese Cherry Blossom, SOS, light pink (light scent in soy, don't know if someone else has a stronger version)

Japanese Pear and Ginseng, Elements, yellow

Oriental Garden, Wellington, light green

China Musk, Wellington, maybe light brown

Dragon's Blood, CS, SGS, NG, nice deep red/burgandy

Good Fortune Love, SOS, lavender

SOS has an entire line called Good Fortune. I just go the Love flavor, but haven't poured it yet. Wellington also has a Feng Shui line that sounds interesting. Haven't tried any of those.

Just to throw this out there...Australian Bamboo Grass (NG). It's not an eastern incense type fragrance, but there is alot of bamboo in the orient :smiley2:. It reminds me a tad bit of Japantown in San Francisco for some reason. Plus it smells pretty good, IMO.

Cheers,

Steve

Nag Champa

Patchouli

White Musk

Oriental Musk

Rain Forest

Jasmine

Coconut

Mango

Passion Fruit

Guava

Kiwi

Pineapple

Apple Blossom

Peach Blossom

Cherry Blossom

Japanese Cherry Blossom

China Rain

Jade

Ginger

Ginger Peach

Green Tea

Plumeria

Rice Flower & Shea

Sandalwood

White Tea & Ginger

Asian Amber

Bamboo

Lemongrass

Mandarin Orange

Mimosa

Chai Tea

Japanese Pear

• 4 weeks later...
Yuzu from NG is a Japanese grapefruit scent, it is a best seller in any B&B I put it in.

That's where I got it from! Unfortunately the Musks and Chai didn't have a strong enough hot throw.

Still searching for recommendations for a Spice-type ~ only need one that throws to finish the line.

See if Aroma Haven still has their Oriental seduction I think is the name of it. If they don't, look at this: http://rusticescentuals.com/Madagascar-Spice.html

Stuff I would consider to be oriental in terms of scents:

bamboo

teakwoods

mandarin

spice blends ... mmm maybe something peppery with a ginger kick.

Cinnamon, nutmeg and clove with a splash of musk (I suppose it's supposed to be mysterious.)

Something with cardamom would be a great enhancement I think. Maybe even something with tarragon.

Something with lotus and sandalwood.

OK shall we make something? :D

Oh heaven forbid I should forget -- ZEN TEA!! (Scent Works ... not overly pricey, but ummm ... Kangaroo Blue used to carry one too, but not sure the status of Kanga.)

Edited by Scented

Elements: http://www.elementsbathandbody.com/Asian-Spice-*Pier-1-Type*-Fragrance-pr-1025.html

Asian Lychee is at Snowdrift Farms

Kimono at Southern Garden

Magie Noir is there too, but you might find it light for candles.

Mata Hari could be renamed and is an absolute intoxicating scent OOB

Sandalwood Ylang in a combo with possible black pepper might be very good lol! (Black pepper is tough to wick, but it's quite yummo!)

White Spice might be good too ...

Can I stop now? LOL!