Blend Creations

CBE

What kind of blends have you come up with? Feel free to name your good ones, bad ones, and the ones you are unsure of.

I'll start with a few of mine:

Figs & Spruce- 75% Fig Forest (CS) 25% Christmas Tree or Spruce (any kind)

Still unsure about this one, but I'm going to let it sit a few days before I judge it: Pumpkin Cypress- 50/50 Cypresswood (Cajuns) and any kind of Pumpkin (I used SS Pumpkin Brulee) FYI: Redwood (AH) smells just like Cypresswood from Cajuns.

Tahitian Virgin- 70% Straight Pineapple (any kind) 30% Fresh Floral Honeydew (Elements)

Spiced Apple Zucchini Bread- 50/50 Zucchini Bread (KY) and Apple Cinnamon (any kind would work, but I used Apple Cinnamon Struesel from NG)

Pineapple Paradise- 50/50 Pineapple Orchid (JS) and Plum Vanilla (Brighter Scents)

Great topic ... I love mixing scents. These oils are from KY ... 50/50

Pumpkin Pie/Orange Chiffon Cake = Orange Pumpkin

Pumpkin Pie/Apple Jack = Harvest

Pumpkin Pie/Creme Brulee = Creamy Pumpkin Brulee

Hot Chocolate/Caramel Pecan = Chocolate Pecan Cluster

Cinnamon Toast/Caramel Pecan = CinnaBun

Creme Brulee/Roasted Coffee = Creme Brulee Cafe

Caramel Pecan/Coconut Cream Pie = Caramel Coconut Chew

Caramel Pecan/Sweet&Creamy = Butter Pecan

Banana Cream/Creme Brulee = Banana Pudding

Caramel Pecan/Red Hot Cinnamon = Candy Coated Pecans

Birthday Cake/Apple Pie = French Apple Pie

Creme Bulee/Sweet&Creamy = Candy Corn

Red Hot Cinnamon/Peppermint = HoHoHo

2 parts Red Hot Cinnamon + Caramel Pecan + 1 part Red Apple = Candy Apple Crunch

3 parts Creme Brulee + 1 part Peppermint = Buttermint

Equal parts Apple Pie/MacApple/Red Hot Cinnamon = Spiced Apple

3 parts Mandarin Spice + 1 part Cranberry = Mandarin Cranberry

A few mixes from Candlescience ...

3 parts Cinnamon Bun + 1 part Macintosh

50/50 Bayberry/Cinnamon Stick or Red Hot Cinnamon

50/50 Vanilla Lace + Lemon Verbena

Equal parts Macintosh/Brandied Pear/Cinnamon Stick or Red Hot Cinnamon

50/50 Cranberry Marmalade/Cinnamon Stick or Red Hot Cinnamon

Some mixes from BCN ...

1 part Red Hot Cinnamon + 3 parts Warm Vanilla Sugar = Cinnamon Sugar

50/50 Macintash + Harvest = Apple Harvest

50/50 Hot Apple Pie + Gingerbread = Gingerbread Applesauce

50/50 Mistletoe + Pink Grapefruit or Vanilla Grapefruit = Christmas Kiss

Okay, I'll stop for now.

Yes! Candlebuddy is the queen bee of mixers!

Some of my favs:

cranberry marmalade (CS) & orange (C&S) = Cranberry Orange Spice

black irish (BW) & bay rum (Elements/flickers) = Irish Quilt

red tea (Elements/flickers) & rose (CS) = Tea & Roses

carmalized pralines (CS) & chocolate fudge = Caramel Chocolate Fudge

creme brulee (CS) & cinnamon = Cinnamon Vanilla Cream

patchouli honey (Elements/flickers) & asian sandalwood (Peaks) = Sandalwood Patchouli

chocolate fudge (CS) & pure peppermint (Peaks) = Chocolate Mints

macintosh apple (CS) & cinnamon (CS) = Cinnamon Apple

I'm definately crazy when it comes to mixing scents! Love the idea of mixing Creme Brulee with Cinnamon!

:)I mixed these two last week when I was playing "mad scientist." The resuslts are amazing...I think it is one of my new favorites, and is definitely on my list for Fall.

Thanks for posting all these blends, everyone!

Candlebuddy is dabomb.com with all those blends! lol

I love mixing and blending. It's my favorite thing to do.

I really want to try Candlebuddy's Pumpkin + Orange Chiffon Cake. That sounds decadent.

Here's a few more from me:

Orange Puddin' Pop- 50/50 Vanilla Wafer (AH) and Mandarin Orange (AH)

Woodsmoke Vanilla & Honey- 85% Wood Vanilla (DS) 15% Honeybee (SS)

(EVERYONE loves this one!)

Bewitched- 8 parts Sweet Amber Musk (AH), 5 parts Antique Sandalwood (CS), 1 part Tropical Tuberose (Peaks)

Apple Wood- 50/50 Cypresswood (Cajuns) and Winter Candy Apple (NG)

(or you can use any Apple Cinnamon instead of the Winter Candy Apple, but I LOVE the winter candy apple version!)

Dark Carnival- Equal parts of: Candy Corn, Candy Apple, Cotton Candy, and Funnel Cake (I used this blend last year for the Spooktacular Halloween Swap)

Dark Carnival- Equal parts of: Candy Corn, Candy Apple, Cotton Candy, and Funnel Cake (I used this blend last year for the Spooktacular Halloween Swap)

Ok, I absolutely LOVE this one. I just pulled out mine from that swap and have been using it in the shower. I want to eat it!!! YUM! A few questions, though...is it Winter Candy Apple? And who are the suppliers for these FOs? TIA, girl! :)

I will do orders from 4 different suppliers to get this blend perfectly if I have to! lol

Edited by nmhoneybear

Ok, I absolutely LOVE this one. I just pulled out mine from that swap and have been using it in the shower. I want to eat it!!! YUM! A few questions, though...is it Winter Candy Apple? And who are the suppliers for these FOs? TIA, girl! :)

I will do orders from 4 different suppliers to get this blend perfectly if I have to! lol

I'm sure any kind can be used, but I used what I had on hand.

I used: Candy Corn from NG, Candy Apple NG (regular candy apple, not the winter candy apple), and Cotton Candy and Funnel Cake were both from Brighter Scents.

There's alot of talk about the bad service from Brighter Scents, though. I bought mine a while back, and never had any problems, until I ordered one time, and didn't get my oils until months later (and then, it was the wrong oils!). Never ordered from them again.

You'll have to find a skin safe Funnel Cake. Brighter Scents was the only one I had found, and it was great for B&B.

MMS has a good Cotton Candy too, so check them out.

CBE, you mentioned AH's Vanilla Wafer, I just want to say that I love that scent ... strong in soy and 6006. By the way, you guys rock!

UGH! I am hoping AH will be having a sampler sale soon. I got an e-mail last week announcing a bunch of new FO. At this rate, I may have to bite the bullet, get some insurance, and start selling my candles before I go broke! LOL

UGH! I am hoping AH will be having a sampler sale soon. I got an e-mail last week announcing a bunch of new FO. At this rate, I may have to bite the bullet, get some insurance, and start selling my candles before I go broke! LOL

I think they will be having one sometime in August. Check their blog site. :)

I ordered quite a few of them and am in the process of testing them now.:yay:

So far I have poured Warm Vanilla Nutmeg, Bonfire Bliss and and Autumn Woods. Just poured them the last couple of days, but I still have a few more to try. Will let you know. Didn't mean to hi-jack the thread.

I was thinking about a Candy Corn Blend for fall,

like sweet milk (ICS) & creme brulee (ICS)

or Candy Corn (NG) & Candy Corn (BG)

I don't see Sweet Milk at ICS. They used to have one called Sugar Milk that is TO-DIE-FOR, but I don't see it there now. I just blended that yesterday with KY's Roasted Coffee. Smells exactly like a sugary sweet, creamy cup of coffee.

I'm not a HUGE FO mixer. I did one last Halloween for the Spooktacular Swap that was 60/40 Harvest Spice and Fireside Embers. It came out really spicy, honestly, it was a good smell but it was a little TOO spicy for my own preferences.

I occasionally get in the mood to try a blend. I don't have the greatest nose in the world for it.

FO mixes can get me in SOOOOO much trouble. nmhoneybear, I'm with you on having to go to a buncha suppliers to match some of CBE's blends. She was nice enough to give me her recipe on a perfume she made that just drove me wild I loved it so much. 5 suppliers later.... *shakes head* Oh well... it's lots of fun.