My "new" candle room

Alajane

I just bought new shelves and "redid" my candle room--I'm so excited about it; :D I've been looking for shelves for quite a while and my daughter ran across these at Sam's. Hopefully I can now get the picture to post--I can't find instructions so this is an experiment.

The picture quality is horrible--I had to go really low to get the picture to post, so I'll add more pictures that are cropped. I just wanted to show you the full display.

Jane

post-578-139458376218_thumb.jpg

This shelf contains miscellaneous candles--some odds and ends and some that I've tested and will make more of. And the arms that are sticking out in front of the left-hand side of the shelf belong to the display for my clamshell tarts.

post-578-139458376234_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much for your nice comments. These shelves came from Sam's Club. I've been looking for a couple of months (and bugging you people on here about it). I was out of town last weekend and my daughter called me from Sam's and told me about them. I told her they sounded exactly like what I wanted so she got two sets for me. When we got them put together we liked them so much, hubby and I went back and got 2 more sets.

This room has been such a mishmash of cast-off bookcases and shelves, it's wonderful to get it somewhat organized looking--I often have people come to the house to buy candles and I'm so happy to have a decent looking display finally!

Now down to business--the shelves were around $67 each; they're 48 x 18, 72 inches tall, 6 shelves per unit. And each shelf is rated to hold either 500 or 600 pounds (can't remember exactly which). (Sorry, I don't remember the brand.)

I know I had looked at this kind of shelves in the past and thought they were much too expensive. Don't know if this is a really good price or if it's just that I've been looking for so long and had finally accepted that this is about what they would cost. It's in the price range of the heavy-duty shelves at Lowe's and Home Depot that look like they should be in a workshop. That's what I was planning to get and was so happy to find these that actually look nice and hold a lot of weight!

Sorry I'm rambling--I'm just so excited!!

Jane

Yep, drcobane--about the "creap and sag"--the shelves that I have in my workroom are the heavy duty plastic ones and I noticed the other day that they're sagging a tiny bit in the middle of the shelves. I was hoping I wouldn't have that problem with these chrome ones--the box said each shelf would support either 500 or 600 pounds, so I know I can't fit that many candles on each shelf.

Now my adult kids can't move back home--or even visit overnight! My daughter's room (the larger one) is now my candle-making room (and supply storage) and son's room is the "display and store." If I could only get the workshop room organized like this, it would be absolutely amazing!

Jane

Those are REALLY nice shelves! I dream of having storage like that one day. Waiting for my son to move out ... I plan to take over his bedroom once he's gone!! Alas, I'll have to wait a while. He won't graduate high school until next summer. :(