How many are making incense and does it sell?

NancyT

I'm debating about adding incense to my line but I'm just not sure what kind of a demand there is for it. For those of you that do make & sell it, would you please give me some feedback? I would certainly appreciate it.

Incense does okay for me in my area. Sales have been a little slower lately but overall I don't do to bad. I think it depends on where you live and the right customer. There are times I sell more incense than candles.

Same here. It depends on the time and the person. It is true that alot of people don't like the smoke. I sell alot to people that just want to open the pack and use in their cars for example for air fresheners.They really do work that way and smell good! So you have a couple options. Hope I helped a little!

:confused: Tried to reply earlier, and my text was gone but just the emoticon. Dang old internet service; we are switching soon. Anywho...I so love the handcrafted incense, and didn't come across any today when out at various shows. My DaD is in need of some for his garage: new kitty and two huge damn dogs. I am so willing to trade for these: plz msg me.

Thanks for all the reviews. I am going to at least try to sell them and if they don't............oh well, I'll use it myself. I'm not going to invest a lot of money in it until I find out what happens.

You should enjoy it. It's pretty easy to make! We do far better with some of our scents than others and typically can't seem to make enough in blueberry, patchouli, strawberry musk and even Rapture. We should make more kinds though I think.

• 2 weeks later...

I make my own powdered incense. It sells really well here and when i was in FL it went over very well. Sometimes I sell more of the incense than I do candles, but I found a way to package them to make them look different.

I always burn incense when I am at shows or the Farmer's Market, that brings people in to see what is smelling so good... then I get to demonstrate how it works... so for me the powdered incense works the best.

Cindy

I love making incense due to how easy it is to make. I don't do craft shows, etc, but sell on etsy and even with all the candles and melts I have listed on there my incense is what I sell the most of. I have no iea why bbut this is what moves for me before melts or candles. Maybe it has to do with the pricing or something I don't know since these are cheaper than what I sell my candles and melts for. My prices are vey comparable to what others sell incense on etsy for and I have really big variety of scents to choose from, too. Maybe people like that with being able to have more scents avaialbe to choose from?

I really think it does depend on the market in the area you live in as to how well it will sell. I know that I love making it in addition to my candles, melts and air fresheners. It's easy to throw together a batch of a new scent then let it soak for the needed time then hang to dry, pkg, label and be done!

I make my own powdered incense. It sells really well here and when i was in FL it went over very well. Sometimes I sell more of the incense than I do candles, but I found a way to package them to make them look different.

I always burn incense when I am at shows or the Farmer's Market, that brings people in to see what is smelling so good... then I get to demonstrate how it works... so for me the powdered incense works the best.

Cindy

How do you make powdered incense? I have never heard of it.

I use dried herbs and EO and mix them in a tree resin base. It is more work than the sticks but it is unusual and all natural. So that is a big selling point for the powdered. You don't add chemicals and you don't need charcoal. People love to see how it works so I often demonstrate it.

I have a lot of herbal books and do a lot of research on the mixtures. Right now I have about 20 different kind that I sell. I have fun finding the right mixture and it is a very wooded herbal type smell. It's not for everyone.

Cindy