Best Patchouli

You know whiffin' SYR's Patchouli Passion isn't too bad either, but nothing beats Patch EO (I have come to agree with this.)

I've tried most of the ones listed here and agree they are nice. This patch passion one from MW though ... I might have to take a look into it ...

and then there's also that old Karma scent that was hot a year or two ago too ... I still really like it along with Sanguigno Orange and Patchouli (which still remains my favorite.)

I noticed nobody listed NG or BCN. I have from both and have asked many people to which one smells like the real thing, they all say BCN. I'm not a patchouli person so I don't know how its supposed to smell, but NG smelled like dirt with some musky to it. Maybe I should try some from another supplier.

I noticed nobody listed NG or BCN. I have from both and have asked many people to which one smells like the real thing, they all say BCN. I'm not a patchouli person so I don't know how its supposed to smell, but NG smelled like dirt with some musky to it. Maybe I should try some from another supplier.

BCN's it like the Patchouli perfume from the 60's, not at all like the real thing. NG's is close, but not close or strong enough. :cool2:

Currently, I use the Patchouli from Wellington in 6006. Customers who were big on Patchouli in the '70s keep buying it from me so I am sticking with it - but I do find that a lot of Wellington fragrances are pretty "true" to scent type - so maybe check them out.

I tested straight Patchouli from NG, BCN, and BCS as well but Wellington's was the only plain Patchouli fragrance that got a big thumbs up from my neighborhood testers (some of them hate Patchouli and swore this one was dead on - which is why they hated it enough to give it a thumbs up, LOL! ;-)

Hope that helps!

Since we're talking about the best patchouli, may I ask isn't it supposed to smell like dirt? Because I just don't get that out of a lot of patchouli scents. I WANT it to smell like dirt.

Partly because I'm thinking of blending my own "pumpkin patch" scent and I want to be able to smell pumpkin, dirt, and something green for the vine.

Since we're talking about the best patchouli, may I ask isn't it supposed to smell like dirt? Because I just don't get that out of a lot of patchouli scents. I WANT it to smell like dirt.

Candles and Supplies carries the dirt scented patchouli!! LOL

I absolutely love this one.. No perfume scent whats so ever.