Moonworks FOs

candlemama

I just got my four FOs from Moonworks in the mail today. OOB, they are AWESOME!! Cannot wait to soap them and get them in some candles. I got Harvest Moon, Celestial Sea, Patchouli Raspberry, and Fairy Garden. I am very pleasantly surprised by the Patchouli Raspberry -- I was afraid I wouldn't like the patch part, but it seems to tone down the sweetness of the raspberry into a more complex, grown up fragrance. I think it may end up being my favorite of the four, but it's so hard to choose because they're all so incredible.

I'll let you know how I like them once I get them in soap and wax. Hopefully, these will keep me busy for a while so I don't order any more FOs...

:yay:

So far I have tested Scarlet Moon, love this scent its a keeper for me. Right now I'm testing Merlins Forest and Celtic Myst in a parasoy blend, they both smell devine but I find that my wicks are struggling a bit, I may have to wick up on those two. Has anyone else noticed this? BTW I use zinc wicks.

So far I have tested Scarlet Moon, love this scent its a keeper for me. Right now I'm testing Merlins Forest and Celtic Myst in a parasoy blend, they both smell devine but I find that my wicks are struggling a bit, I may have to wick up on those two. Has anyone else noticed this? BTW I use zinc wicks.

Merlin's Forest *swoon* One of my absolute faves. I have Moonwork's Autumn Embers, Earthen Oak, Native Princess, Saffron and Spice, Patchouli Raspberry, Fairy Garden, Merlin's Forest, Spirit of Avalon and Winter Festival in my line right now. *shrug* I just can't say no to any of them. I think I need help.

I had to wick up 1x with the Merlin's Forest (I use zinc also) -- plan on ordering the Celtic Myst so thanks for the heads up :)

I LOVE her oils!!!

I love love love Merlins Forest. I used it in parrafin with a zinc wick and had no problems except I could never get enough of this fragrance.

I didn't care much for Fairy Garden. Too cloying for my taste.

I still use her Patchouli Honey but its now at Elements along with most of the old Flicker oils. I never got around to trying the Raspberry Patch but if its as good as the Patch Honey it must be awesome.

• 11 months later...

Or an incense new age shop. I want to add some of MW scents to my incense and aromatics line. Have a wholesale customer that is getting ready to broaden their account with me since their only other candle maker is going out of business and now he wants more scents. I think MW scents would fit in nicely!

I can tell you that Gaia smells like dirt, LOL. I guess it is living up to it's name. I actually have a 1 ouncer right here, never put it in wax. The Fairy Garden is kinda "sickly" sweet to me, but I do like it. HT was excellent, too. I still have the Earthen Oak and Harvest Moon here, too. Never liked them enough to put them in wax. Went crazy one day and ordered a sample of everything she had at the time. Was around 30 scents at that time, but have not seen most of them in a long time. Still have alot of the samples, glad I never tested them out to find they were discontinued. But I will say it again, Merlin's Forest and her version of Witches Brew is 'da bomb'. Probably use more of these FO's for myself than for customers, LOL.

Cheers,

Steve

Maybe this question should be in a separate thread but are there other FO suppliers that have unique scents like MoonWorks? As much as biscotti and sugar cookie sell I get tired of always seeing those type of scents. I really gravitate towards the unusual even if I don't sell them I'd still like to make them and burn them myself. Hope some of you know of another type place similar to MoonWorks. TIA! :-)

Jack most of her FOs went to Elements when she sold Flickers. So Fairy Garden is at Elements and so is her ultra fabulous Honey Patchouli, Bay Rum, and Tuscan Lace. Unfortunately Elements is discontinuing her incredible Olive Blossom which I have been using for years.:(

You can find them at www.elementsbathandbody.com. Just look under Flickers fragrances section.

Lebermuth and Ravens Nest were also some of the suppliers she carried oils from. Sorry don't have their links but I'm sure someone has them.