CS Oils that need to be wicked up

I wicked up on Cran Marmalade, Hansel Gretel, Moon Lake Musk (2x), Lavender (2x), Golden Rose (2x), Mango Papaya, Frank & Mhyrr, Mistletoe, Pumpkin Souffle.

I think that I may need to wick down on Creme Brulee - has anybody else found this to be?

I wicked regular on HS Jasmine, Lemon Verbena, Chocolate Milk, Mac Apple.

FYI - Wax is 4267, jar is 3" diameter, wick is Eco 6. Wick up is Eco 8, Wick up 2x is Eco 10. Wick down is Eco 4.

hth,

Eve

What's Wicking Up mean?

I apologize for my ignorance.

The FO needs a bigger size wick than you use most of the time. Like how Eve mentioned she starts at Eco 6, then Eco 8 is one size up for her, and then Eco 10 is two up.

Edited by Darbla

The FO needs a bigger size wick than you use most of the time. Like how Eve mentioned she starts at Eco 6, then Eco 8 is one size up for her, and then Eco 10 is two up.

Thanks Darba!

I should have been able to put that together...

Same here with Pumpkin Souffle.......it's my favorite pumpkin scent but a PIA to get the wick to stay lit.

I also like to mix Mac Apple with Cinnamon Stick and have a tough time wicking with that one.

• 2 years later...

Bumping this old thread.

My normal size wicks drown in Angel, Pumpkin Souffle, Caramelized Pralines, Cinnamon Stick, and now Beach Linen. To get Pumpkin Souffle to burn at all, I only use .5oz pp and then my normal wick size. It is still pretty strong and my customer is happy so I just go with it since I personally can't stand the stuff. Oddly enough, I also mix Mac Apple and Cinnamon Stick and those burn fine. I'm now testing Beach Linen and it is an awesome scent so I would like to figure that one out.

Pumpkin Souffle is our best seller in the Fall and Winter. We absolutely have to wick up on it. Getting ready to test Blueberry Cheesecake, Cinnamon Stick and Pumpkin Pie...not sure if I'll have to up Pumpkin Pie, but sounds like the Blueberry CC and Cinnamon Stick need to go up a notch.

Are there any oils of theirs that are in need of wicking up on, other than the Very Vanilla?

I've seen comments posted here that Very Vanilla doesn't need to be wicked up, does anyone else agree?

Edit: Oh, okay, I see now some have to wick down with Very Vanilla. I posted before I had read the whole thread.

Edited by HorsescentS