What software do you use to make your labels?

Check out the link below. You can download the software free for 15 days to try it out first. I love this program. Very easy to use and only $40 and $50 bucks depending which one you want.

http://www.camdevelopment.com/designer/label_deluxe/index.htm

http://www.camdevelopment.com/designer/gold/index.htm

Edited by islandgirl

Candybee, do you have a picture of your label? I too use the Avery and I can't seem to get it to look professional enough. I have a 4 ounce cosmo oval green bottle with the white 5163 size label. I cut the rounded corners off and put in on lengthwise, and then another ingredient label on the back. What bottle/size label do you use?

Candybee, do you have a picture of your label? I too use the Avery and I can't seem to get it to look professional enough. I have a 4 ounce cosmo oval green bottle with the white 5163 size label. I cut the rounded corners off and put in on lengthwise, and then another ingredient label on the back. What bottle/size label do you use?

For candles or bath products? For candles I use 2x4 avery rectangle and for lotion a 2" round. Posted some sample pics for you.

post-3620-139458470336_thumb.jpg

post-3620-13945847034_thumb.jpg

Candybee what type printer do you use? I have not had good luck with printers printing the quality I want. I have only used inkjet though. My colors always look washed out. I tried purchasing printed labels from a company and they look nice enough; but not what I really envision for my "look". The company prints low volume labels; but are very limited in their size and design. I'd really love to change to something better. Thinking of hiring someone to design the basic designs that I can change the scent name on and print myself.

Trudi

When I bought my computer from Dell I just purchased a photo all in one printer from them too. Its a Dells series 924 Photo all in one color inkjet printer. Not a fancy one either. As I mentioned earlier I just downloaded the Avery DesignPro program off the Avery website. Its a free program and easy to use so that was a good deal for me.

WOW, those look really nice. I was working on my lotion label.

Do you just download the clip art yourself off a website and type in the info next to it then?

It seems like you use a different picture per scent of lotion to go with that theme?