What do you call your tarts/melts?

lsbennis

This may be the wrong section for this, so I apologize if it is.

I seem to be having an issue with what to call my tarts/melts. I don't want to call them tarts or melts, I know some people call them Scent Shots, Scent Shooters etc...so those are out also.

Right now for lack of a better name I call them Scent Chunks but that just doesn't sound right to me, then I was going to call them Tropi Melts but not all my scents are tropical...lol :undecided

I guess I'm just curious to see what everyone else calls them.

They are Melts for me too; since that is what they do (I hope) :shocked2:

Can you imagine the amount of chandlers out there that use the term "Tart", OMG it is on so many sites.

So true...I have seen "tarts" all over the place and I really considered using the term, can Yankme really keep up with all us small chandlers using the term "tart"?

So true...I have seen "tarts" all over the place and I really considered using the term, can Yankme really keep up with all us small chandlers using the term "tart"?

They absolutely can and do, especially if you have a web site of any kind!! I wouldn't doubt they have people that just roam the web finding violators of their trademarked names and send cease and desist letters. :laugh2:

I guess I am in trouble then b/c I have been calling mine Kandlenutz tarts! Maybe I should consider a name change! I didnt know that they had rights to a word that has been around longer than them! Hmmmm, now I have that to add to my "to do" list! WONDERFUL! Wonder if i could call them "kandlenutz Tartz" Anyone know about legal consequences if I just changed the spelling?????

I guess I am in trouble then b/c I have been calling mine Kandlenutz tarts! Maybe I should consider a name change! I didnt know that they had rights to a word that has been around longer than them! Hmmmm, now I have that to add to my "to do" list! WONDERFUL! Wonder if i could call them "kandlenutz Tartz" Anyone know about legal consequences if I just changed the spelling?????

Tartz is so cool, did that just come to you? Love it!

Ya, Just as I was typing that out, and thinking "great, one more thing I have to fix, change, make better, blah, blah, blah, ....." and it just popped in my head! Ya, it ties in great, I dont know why I didnt think of it when I first started making them! LOL:) I am glad this post came about and I happen to get on here and see it:)

Ya, Just as I was typing that out, and thinking "great, one more thing I have to fix, change, make better, blah, blah, blah, ....." and it just popped in my head! Ya, it ties in great, I dont know why I didnt think of it when I first started making them! LOL:) I am glad this post came about and I happen to get on here and see it:)

There are no mistakes...only happy accidents! lol

• 3 months later...

Doesn't the word Tart refer to a type of dessert I mean really how can Yankee just own the word period. I mean I just wonder how far that really could go, I see alot of people with the term Tart everywhere online.

Oh I just find it weird, recently I used the term Potion #9 for a valentines scent on my site and I recieved a letter from some odd co. that supposedly owns this Term I mean really, these are generic english words. Oh I know they did trademark them but really you can't prevent everyone from not using these terms how ridiculous is that. Well I think it is anyway.

I'm just curious if they would really sue you or what. That seems like a big waste of money and they would have to sue alot of people.

That being said I may need to change mine I do have the word in the name of mine but its not the complete name. Somehow that made me feel it was okay . I just came up with an idea to call mine tartletts I wonder if that is an infringement ?

Oh by the way I love the name Posh Melts thats really good, love it :)

Doesn't the word Tart refer to a type of dessert I mean really how can Yankee just own the word period. I mean I just wonder how far that really could go, I see alot of people with the term Tart everywhere online.

Oh I just find it weird, recently I used the term Potion #9 for a valentines scent on my site and I recieved a letter from some odd co. that supposedly owns this Term I mean really, these are generic english words. Oh I know they did trademark them but really you can't prevent everyone from not using these terms how ridiculous is that. Well I think it is anyway.

I'm just curious if they would really sue you or what. That seems like a big waste of money and they would have to sue alot of people.

That being said I may need to change mine I do have the word in the name of mine but its not the complete name. Somehow that made me feel it was okay . I just came up with an idea to call mine tartletts I wonder if that is an infringement ?

Oh by the way I love the name Posh Melts thats really good, love it :)

That Love Potion #9 lady is notorious. She's even sent cease and desist letters to big suppliers like WSP. I think she combs the internet all day looking for people infringing on her trademark.