your favorite minty scent

leisa2003

I really like jack frost. peppermint and vanilla. you can rename it something else during non winter months. another fav is rosemary mint. I used to love andes thin mint from berts but i think she discontinued it.

Yes. Pure Peppermint from Peaks is strong. But sooooo yummy! I put it in my M&P soap during the fall and it always sells out. You have to use less in soap because I can feel the tingle in my soap when I wash with it if its too strong. Think I'll try mixing it with vanilla. I have mixed it with chocolate and made a peppermint patty type scent that was divine.

Yes. Pure Peppermint from Peaks is strong. But sooooo yummy! I put it in my M&P soap during the fall and it always sells out. You have to use less in soap because I can feel the tingle in my soap when I wash with it if its too strong. Think I'll try mixing it with vanilla. I have mixed it with chocolate and made a peppermint patty type scent that was divine.

oooooh that would be so nice! I thought about blending it with Chocolate Milk from CS in the winter and calling it Chocolate Milk with Peppermint Stick or something like that.

I love eucalyptus spearmint, but I'm not sure if that's minty enough for you. Usually when people say 'mint' they mean peppermint. Anyway I got introduced to the relaxing idea of it from aromatherapy and from the version at Bath & Body Works, and now I regular make massage oils, scrubs, and a super-scented oil in a tiny bottle for massaging on temples for headaches. I keep one of those tiny bottles at work, in my bedroom, and I gave my boyfriend one. Feels wonderful to massage your face with it when you have a sinus headache.

I love eucalyptus spearmint, but I'm not sure if that's minty enough for you. Usually when people say 'mint' they mean peppermint. Anyway I got introduced to the relaxing idea of it from aromatherapy and from the version at Bath & Body Works, and now I regular make massage oils, scrubs, and a super-scented oil in a tiny bottle for massaging on temples for headaches. I keep one of those tiny bottles at work, in my bedroom, and I gave my boyfriend one. Feels wonderful to massage your face with it when you have a sinus headache.

I wonder if that would work for migraines too?? How do you make that oil if you don't mind sharing? I get migraines a good bit and nothing helps at all.

My new favorite is Vanilla Mint. Its such a great scent with just enough of each.

I agree! I mix my own. 50/50 peppermint and vanilla. The peppermint dominates, but the sharp edge of peppermint is nice and mellowed.

I wonder if that would work for migraines too?? How do you make that oil if you don't mind sharing? I get migraines a good bit and nothing helps at all.

All I do is mix eucalyptus and spearmint essential oils into a small bottle with either jojoba or fractionated coconut oil. Since I'm not selling I don't worry about an exact recipe, just whatever I like, but if it burns your skin cut it with more carrier oil. Balance the two essential oils until you're happy with the scent. I go a little heavier on the eucalyptus, so it's not exactly a 50/50 blend. But not much or it gets too medicinal smelling. Good luck!