Favorite FO's for Shower Gel

What are some of your favorite or most popular fo's for shower gels. For some reason I can't seem to hit on what people are going for. I know it depends on region and target customer age group. My group seems to be in the over 40 range (which I am) but I'm no help to myself because I kinda like everything (within reason).

I've done lilac, cucumber mint, sun rippened raspberries and honeysuckle-jasmine with little response. Maybe I need something out of the ordinary. Any suggestions?

Karen

I don't do B&B but I can tell you about my personal taste. I prefer citrusy or musky scents, sometimes vanillas (e.g. Kiehl's products). My absolute all time favorite shower gel is Laura Mercier's Clementine (DayStar has a Clementine FO on clearance that isn't quite the same but it smells divine, it didn't throw that well for me in candles but I would adore it in a body wash.) ;)

My other favorites are products that go with some of my perfumes, like L'Artisan Mure et Musc or Premier Figuier. And then a comfort fragrance that I like periodically is anything that's a Cherry Almond, sort of like Jergen's. I've bought grapefruit scented B&B items, and Fresh Sugar Lemon. (I know there's definitely lots of Fresh Sugar Lemon & Jergen's fo dupes out there!)

As far as demographics go, I probably don't really fit neatly in one, but I'm over 50. All of the products I've mentioned are considered High End in the cosmetics/bath&body industry since they're only available in certain department stores or fragrance boutiques. I hths!

Edited by mzpickles

My best sellers are Angel (Interlude from AH) and Pink Sugar from ICS. HTH,

Eve

I'm not surprised! Those are both fragrances that are extremely popular, a good example of what I said previously about using shower gels that match perfumes I wear! :wink2:

MY favorite is Chocolate Sandalwood.......It's better than any of my expensive perfumes LOL!!

As far as selling, today's popular ones are Lilac & Lily, Lily of the Valley, Nag Champa, Blackberry Pomegranate, Rosemary Mint.

You've done lilac with no appeal?

What about lavender and lavender mixes?

Sweet Pea?

Some kind of rose that isn't old lady-ish.

Grapefruit & Jasmine or Tangerine and Grapefruit

My over 40 crowd seems to like patchouli but that's this neck of the woods.

Oh yeah ... get some Strawberry Musk from AH/RE ... that one seems to attract any age group.

Edited by Scented

When most of your sales come from online orders it is hard to tell what people will order in candles & B&B. It seems they are more inclined to order the scents they "know" instead of reading a description like we do when we order and think that sounds nice and order it. I don't know how they think we come up with the scents we have except by reading and deciding. I really think they miss out on a lot of good scents simply because they can't imagine how good it will smell and give it a try :smiley2:

• 2 weeks later...

I have only put these in M&P soap, but surely they would translate to shower gel also. My favorites have been SS Japanese Pear & Ginseng, a mix of mostly Peak's Ocean & a touch of Peak's Freesia, and SC Apothecary Coriander (a dupe of Kiehl's Coriander). I have SC Kiehl's Grapefruit dupe, and OOB my daughter says it is a dead ringer for the Kiehl's Grapefruit Shower Gel she has. I would also like to try SC Apothecary Vanilla. The guys would like Moonworks Celestial Sea, a sea salt & driftwood scent. All of the above can be unisex, none are flowery or sugary. HTH!

Lilac has always been my best selling shower gel- especially for the age range that you are targeting. I am surprised that yours is not moving.

I find lemon ANYTHING sells. I think lemon is associated with 'clean" and is appealing to both genders.

I find Pink Grapefruit to be a nice clean refreshing scent. I have always loved that scent in soaps sprays or any kind of scented product.

I agree with lemon also...anything citrus is very invigorating :)

Also Love Spell is a very popular scent around here.

I never get a on-line order for lotion.body splash etc. but did a couple weeks ago. She ordered Pink Sugar, Blackraspberry Vanilla, Sweetheart and Heaven.

Blackraspberry Vanilla and Pink Sugar seemed the strongest.

Now since I got a order for bath products I think I will expand to a couple more things. Dog shampoo being one.

LynnS