Very Unprofessional

ILVCANDLES

I just thought I would let people know what happened w/ me and CandleSource. I went to Market to pick up my order...my husband & I walked out to the car to put the order away as I was putting the bag away w/ my oils I noticed I was given a wrong oil. My husband went back in and talked to Bettie, Loren's mom. She told him that she can not switch out the oil because we left the store. What the heck they put the wrong oil in I didn't order it & then be like I don't like this scent could I please get another scent. I emailed Loren to let him know I was upset & he has yet to respond. Would you be upset or am I missing something? Thanks for letting me vent!

Yeah thats BS.

When I go pick up orders from MMS they take the time to review every item with me, so I am certain I am getting what I ordered, and so they avoid this very situation.

I would have refused to leave, and returned the entire order. If they refused, I would call VISA and cancel the sale, and leave all the stuff there.

That may sound like a bitchy thing to do.. but you PAID for something, and you werent given it.

I just thought I would let people know what happened w/ me and CandleSource. I went to Market to pick up my order...my husband & I walked out to the car to put the order away as I was putting the bag away w/ my oils I noticed I was given a wrong oil. My husband went back in and talked to Bettie, Loren's mom. She told him that she can not switch out the oil because we left the store. What the heck they put the wrong oil in I didn't order it & then be like I don't like this scent could I please get another scent. I emailed Loren to let him know I was upset & he has yet to respond. Would you be upset or am I missing something? Thanks for letting me vent!

So am I reading this right and you were in the parking lot of candlesource when you noticed the mistake? If so I would have done what the last poster said and left it all on the counter and called my credit card co if that's what I was told.

Their CS has been okay in my experience but this sounds nuts. They have to fix it, I can't see any vendor not correcting their own mistake like that but it's happend to me in the past by other vendors and I took my biz elsewhere. No shortage of candlemaking suppliers LOL.

That handy dandy fragrance twins list on here is a godsend.

They have a booth at the flea market...so it took a few minutes to get out to the car...I would have went in myself but I had high heels on because we had plans after going there so my feet were kind of hurting. I honestly did not think this would be a problem because it was their fault. This whole thing is so weird. I have done business w/ them for years. I am not a super duper customer but I a do spend money. Bettie knows me in fact I never say my name she always has my stuff ready to go when I walk up to the counter. She also knows my husband because he helps me carry stuff. I can't believe for $4.59 she would want to loose a customer because of their mistake. Loren doesn't live in OH now he lives in Oregon that is there second location. I believe Bettie takes care of the east coast & Loren takes care of the west. I do like Loren he has always been helpful. Bettie on the other hand is a little on the mean side. My gut feeling tells me Loren never seen the email I sent because it went to Bettie not him. I don't want to deal w/ her anymore but I feel Loren should know because he could be loosing business & not even know why. On their website it has a phone # to the Oregon location. Should I call it? Thanks Again!

You are totally justified in being upset. That is plain wrong. In this case it wasn't your fault. It was their mistake so they should without a doubt exchange it for the correct FO. It's not even logical that they wouldn't take care of this error. Believe me if I were in your shoes I would be causing quite a stir. You just don't do that in business.

I would have switched gears & told the queen b that if she didn't want to switch out her mistake that would mean your order was short the fo you actually ordered & paid for. I wouldn't leave till she gave me the fo I ordered ... & then keep the screw up fo ... it must be a bonus sample, since you didn't order it! I hate crap like this!

Susan.

I just got off the phone w/ Loren...he did get the email & he said he was going to email me about the situation. Betty didn't recognize my husband so she had no idea when he got the fragrance oil. I told him she had to see him because he helped me carry 4 boxes of glass jars out & this was done all right in front of her. He said she is 64 & her memory isn t all that good and since she didn't ask and he apparently he didn t tell her when we got the oil, she was not going to do a exchange. Loren said if I come back to the market again that they would exchange the oil.

I don't mean to sound cruel and insensitive, I really do not. I like Loren and I absolutely love his container wax which I use for my tarts (it throws GREAT!).

However, he may want to consider getting some help from someone whose mind is in better shape. I'm not suggesting to "fire" his mother, but perhaps keep her away from that part of the business where customer service/contact is of paramount importance.

For all we know, this may have happened before, he may have lost customers because of her faulty memory. JMO

I buy from The Candle Source ... but really don't like dealing with Bette. She makes me feel as though I'm bothering her when I call for an order and if I ask a question, she gets annoyed. I try to be as nice as I can, but it doesn't matter, she's always the same way towards me. At this point, I don't buy that much from her anymore, mainly wicks and just a few fragrance oils. It probably won't be long before I find what I need from another supplier ... too much aggravation for me! She's probably loosing business and money for Loren.

Glad that they fixed it for you, I would be amazed to see someone lose a customer over a bottle of oil.

I can never figure out why owners allow people who have no business in customer service working with their customers.

Everyone needs someone like my husband working for them, if we mess up an order or have an issue he just gives you free shipping or gives you your order for free. Not always great on the wallet but people love him.

:)