Coffee Grounds

vberkesch

Greetings all,

Do any of you use coffee grounds at your shows to have people sniff to clear their nose??

If so, what type of a container do you use to keep your grounds in for sniffing. Just trying to think of something that will not look strange.

Thanks, Vanessa

I use ground coffee at my shop and it's in a grated cheese jar with slotted lid I got at Wal Mart. I've also seen red pepper flakes in them at Italian restaurants. When I used them at shows I would just put a piece of plastic wrap over the opening and then screw the lid on when transporting it.

I also use a jelly jar with a smelly jelly lid on it. However, I've stopped putting them out at shows because for some reason, people felt the need to dump half of them all over my tables. EVERY show I had them at this happened. Now I bring them with and only take them out if people ask for them.

I use the coffee beans but managed to drop the glass container at my last show and shattered it all over the street so I am trying to come up with an unbreakable container to replace it with.

You can get the shakers used in restaurants that are plastic, better change of not breaking when dropped. I think I saw some at Kmart a few weeks ago.

Since I don't keep mine available readily for the public, I don't use glass or anything fancy. I use coffee grounds (instead of coffee beans) and I just put them in a labeled camera film container. They stay fresh and it doesn't break!

I use a round black plastic container from a soap supplies shop. They are used for mineral make-up. It has an inner clear lid with holes and an outer lid that stops the contents from spilling when traveling. I just leave the outer lid off and put the pot beside my testers. The coffee beans can be smelt through the holes and there's no drama with spillage or breakage if its dropped. It looks quite stylish too!