Bummed about BCS order I just received...

mzpickles

IMO it was poorly packaged and one or more of the bottles leaked all over the others. Also one of the main FOs I could have sworn I ordered wasn't included (one of the primary reasons I placed an order with them was for this one FO).

On their website & on the invoice it says to report damaged shipments to the carrier, but I don't believe this was UPS's fault. Do any of you know how responsive they might be to problems like this?

[Edited to add] On the plus side, it's one of the best smelling boxes I've ever received! :D

Edited by mzpickles

That's odd, I've always had good experience with them though it's been a while since I've had to order from there. Did you have that particular oil on your invoice as ordered?

I would call customer service and speak to them to see how it can be resolved. Good luck!

They will probably say..

"We have never had this problem before" :tiptoe:

BAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

That being said..

Then you can check and see if you did in fact order the oil you think you did.

Then call them and talk to a manager and explain the situation.

That is the only way you will really find out how they will respond.

Keep us posted.. :cool2:

I would call customer service and talk to them. I had a damaged package once and didn't even bother with UPS. I called them directly and they took care of it.

Also, look at the e-mail confirmation you received and also the invoice to see if the order you needed is on either.

Good luck!!

It has happened to me in the past from them. A bottle leaked all over, the wicks were a mess it was a total disaster.

And it's never happened before by the way....They wanted me to weight the bottles and take pictures, estimate how much I think they owe me and they would apply it to my account or something like that.... all sorts of BS which made me feel as they thought I was lying. It was just too complicated and annoying.

I should not need to jump through hoops to get something I paid for. Send me another shipment and pick this one up, when you get it back see what you sent me for yourself or let UPS inspect it. If I was a liar then you have my credit card on file.

They offered me freebies for the trouble and I told them I did not want them. I only wanted what I ordered and for that to be intact when it got here.

On average their customer service is okay, but I feel they could be a little more professional and customer friendly when it comes to damaged shipments.

I should add it was handled by email, perhaps I would have had a better experience over the phone.

Edited by funkymonkey66

They will probably say..

"We have never had this problem before" :tiptoe:

BAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

That being said..

Then you can check and see if you did in fact order the oil you think you did.

Then call them and talk to a manager and explain the situation.

That is the only way you will really find out how they will respond.

Keep us posted.. :cool2:

I wish I could log into my BCS account, there doesn't seem to be a way to do that on their website. I paid them through PayPal, they just sent me a PayPal money request without an itemized invoice. I didn't even receive an automatic email like most suppliers send immediately after you place your order with an itemized list of what you ordered.

I have a vague memory of being given the option of printing my own invoice but my printer is on the fritz and I figured I'd be getting an email from them acknowledging the order like every other supplier sends!

The FOs (mostly sample sizes) were loosely tied in a small white plastic bag and they were sort of knocking around in there without being individually wrapped or anything. When I got the box (and I could smell that it had leaked) I actually shook it, you could feel the bottles rattling around inside, the plastic bag only had a loose piece of brown packing paper around it that was insufficient cushioning to say the least.

I've been buying, selling & swapping cosmetics, fragrances and bath & body items for over 10 years now (with over 3,700 + feedbacks), so I'm no nooby when it comes to packaging liquids. This was inadequate packaging by even the most basic of shipping liquid standards! If they try to tell me "this has never happened before", I know better now! They'd better not try to mess with me! *super banana*:laugh2:

Edited by mzpickles

Pls call them and talk to them before you get all stressed!!!!! At least give them a chance before you bad-mouth them. I have used them for 8 yrs and have never had a problem. Call their customer service and explain what happened. They do not send confirming orders; they only give you their order no. Carole

I had this happen on my recent candle science order. I am sure they would have taken care of it but I didn't even bother to call. It was my sunwashed linen sample and it spilled everywhere and I really don't like that fragrance right now because it is still clinging to some of my sample bottles!;)

I have to admit at the time I was especially bummed because I ordered quite a few samples and they all came in a padded envelope-no box and I still got charged $10 or $11 for shipping. Although I did still order a bunch from their sample sale.

So I think it can and does happen. I agree that you should call them tomorrow and see what they have to say. They have always been friendly to me when I have dealt with them. I think these things happen it's more of a matter if it consistently happens that would really bother me.

I have a lot of their fragrance oil as they were one of the first suppliers I found out about. A lot of it I don't really even use as back then I wasn't smart enough to get samples! What did you not get that you wanted? If I have it I'll be happy to mail you a sample. Feel free to pm me.

My one complaint with them is that their order notification system isn't an itemized breakdown of your order.

Edited by aviator girl

Pls call them and talk to them before you get all stressed!!!!! At least give them a chance before you bad-mouth them. I have used them for 8 yrs and have never had a problem. Call their customer service and explain what happened. They do not send confirming orders; they only give you their order no. Carole

Hi there! I'm not really stressed, and I apologize if my silly saber rattlin' made it seem that way. (I did put the Super Nanner smiley in to show I was only half serious!) And I'll be the first to update this thread with a (hopefully) pleasant outcome if their customer service kicks in as I feel that it should.

I also agree that I probably shouldn't be on here saying anything this early in the game, unfortunately CO and TX are an hour apart time-zone wise and they were gone for the day when the UPS guy delivered my package so I came here and vented my disappointment first. :cry2: I did send them an email message and I will call them during business hours tomorrow if I need to.

However I still maintain that I was surprised at the relatively poor job of packaging, at least it seemed that way compared to CS, NG, AH/RE, SC, BW, JS, Daystar, Cierra, CW, CMS and even BCN! Maybe I just got a new, inexperienced packager that put my order together. :(

Edited by mzpickles

I have a vague memory of being given the option of printing my own invoice but my printer is on the fritz and I figured I'd be getting an email from them acknowledging the order like every other supplier sends!

I wish they sent the acknowledgment email too. I can never remember what I order either. :rolleyes2 LOL

I know on BCN you can log into your account and on the right hand side view your order history.

It has happened to me in the past from them. A bottle leaked all over, the wicks were a mess it was a total disaster.

And it's never happened before by the way....They wanted me to weight the bottles and take pictures, estimate how much I think they owe me and they would apply it to my account or something like that.... all sorts of BS which made me feel as they thought I was lying. It was just too complicated and annoying.

I should not need to jump through hoops to get something I paid for. Send me another shipment and pick this one up, when you get it back see what you sent me for yourself or let UPS inspect it. If I was a liar then you have my credit card on file.

One time I had a problems with 1000 zinc wicks being sent instead of what I had ordered. I had wicked a bunch of jars and did not notice until I went to trim the wicks. (Newbie I was...)

Anyway I also had to jump through hoops, They said, we never had this happen before they were sure the sent the right wicks.:mad:

Thank God I could see the zinc in the wicks!! :rolleyes2 At that time I got most all of my supplies from them, so I thought they would be good about the return, but as FM said, they made me feel like a lying idiot.

I sent them all back, then they counted out what I used and sent me the correct ones. I had to wait for my wicks during this process.

You think they would have just sent me 1000 more!!

Needless to say, I do not get my wicks from them anymore.

(Candlewic rocks for wicks :cheesy2:)

Even with the stickum problems that one year..

I was told, we haven't had any other complaints.

(And I know that other chandlers did complain, because the posted about it on this board) The CMS has great Stickems...

So by making me feel like a liar, I went and found other suppliers for those products and others.

Their CS is good when you get what you want.

Their shipping is quick and they do have some good oils and lots of products to choose from.

But... IMHO I dread if I have a problem and have to contact them.

Hope you have a better return experience than I did.

Edited by islandgirl

I have dealt with them for the past 8 years and never had a problem. Talk to Ellen or Rena. They are very nice to work with and will make good anything that went wrong.

I just received my order yesterday (wax, stickums, lids, FO's) and all were just fine.

Call them please.

I know it's frustrating to get an order that has a leak, but that IMO is rare for them. I would have to say, they are one supplier that package very well and securely.

HTH

Carrie

I have dealt with them for the past 8 years and never had a problem. Talk to Ellen or Rena. They are very nice to work with and will make good anything that went wrong.

Call them please.

I know it's frustrating to get an order that has a leak, but that IMO is rare for them. I would have to say, they are one supplier that package very well and securely.

HTH

Carrie

Hi Carrie. I'm glad you've had good experiences with them at least. I did speak to Ellen and unfortunately there was nothing they could or would do to help me out. I was pretty sure I'd placed an order for 8 oz. of Whipped Cream FO but I was sent 8 oz. of Wildberry. The 'buy' buttons for the two are close on the FO page but not that close, she says she checked the order on the server though. *sigh* :undecided

I couldn't even send it back, they don't take returns and if she'd made an exception they would have charged me a restocking fee and I'd have had to pay shipping as well. She did say that it sounded like the bottles weren't packaged well, they should have been all standing up instead of loose and bumping around in the box. :rolleyes:

So......I ended up having to place another order to get the Whipped Cream I wanted originally, and I had to spend the morning cleaning the leaked oil off of 11 bottles. *head desk* I can't say I'll be ordering again anytime soon. :sad2:

Edited by mzpickles

Regardless of the mistake on the wrong fo your oils leaked and made a mess and that is something they should rectify and replace the one that leaked. Are they??

I didn't even ask them to. At that point I just want to be done with it. I'm pretty sure more than one leaked, but it wasn't a huge amount and I think the main culprit was either the Wildberry that I didn't want or one of the free sniffie samples!:laugh2:

She did offer to tell me which one had lost oil if I weighed them all but I didn't feel like jumping through that hoop. *more head desk*

Oh well, live and learn!

By huge contrast I had a great experience with the Candle Maker's Store, customer service-wise. I had ordered some of the USA from them and they sent the UA by mistake. He told me to just keep it and he sent the correct item for no cost!! How's that for making it right? :)

See what I am talking about, just too much hassle right? Do you feel like they think you're liar now? Like you should not have even brought it to their attention and you wasted their time? When you got off the phone did you just want to bang your head and say what just happend there and why in the world did I just give them more money? That whipped cream better be the best darn whipped cream ever!

I never ordered again after my experience.

In the words of my dearest friend CDGM "That just chaps my a$$!"

At least you had a postive experience with TCMS.I like them:D

Their Whipped Cream is not that good :embarasse

Sorry you had that experience! I've never had a bad one with BCN or BCS, but i just don't like their oils enough to order much from them. Their Strawberries-n-Cream is a huge seller for me, and I like their Pineapple Blossom, but other than that nothing I've gotten from them has really knocked me over with its awesomeness.

I don't think it sounds like you're badmouthing them at all. I never had a problem w/ BCN, but BCS was a whole 'nuther can of worms ... just my experience. I crossed them off my supplier list yrs ago. Something was always wrong w/ every order, I was lied to, & their customer service was anything but nice or helpful. I also found out that my account had been tagged: pain in the ***! Seriously!?! I think their fo's are lower end & am happy to have moved on to better suppliers w/ what I consider higher quality products. I would never recommend them. Sorry you had this experience.

Susan.

I finally figured out through reading the whole post that it was South you are talking about. I have never ordered from them but have been a customer of North for over 5 years and my sister started with them before me. I have never had an order come that wasn't nicely packaged. But I do agree that if they get a new packager they should be notified of the problem or else they can't fix it.

I had one place who I will not name that sent me the wrong wax not once but twice; so the first time I emailed and the 2nd time I called. She was appreciative in me letting her know because she said she would have to speak to the warehouse.

But it is upsetting when you are counting on something to show up and it either doesn't or has leaked. North not only sends you confirmation but you can now go into your account and print it.

North not only sends you confirmation but you can now go into your account and print it.

I never got a confirmation when I've placed orders from BCN..

I ordered an item last month on their new website, and I did not receive an acknowledgment that my order was even placed until I got a shipping notice.

My miss-picked wicks (which happened more than once) were from BCN.

I never had any problems at BCS..

It seems customers are having problems at both... :rolleyes2

Edited by islandgirl

They have always treated me right. But I also go into the store sometimes. So they know me. That helps. If they want you to do all that weird stuff, tell them firmly, but nicely, NO, I expect you to take care of this. I am a busy person and don't have time to do your work. I can send this back to you, if you like. Send me a UPS label. If you talk firm to them or any other company, they know you mean business and don't think of you as a fly by night teenager trying to make a candle. Ya know? Stand up. Works for me.