presto pot

You can do it any way, but I wouldn't put the pot in your presto. When I use mine, I melt the wax, add it to a pour pot and add the color and FO. If I'm doing a large batch of stuff that will be the same, I'll just pour it from the presto.

Any of the above ;)

If you choose to mix directly in the presto, you can go straight to mold. If you want to keep it clean, you can keep your melted wax in it and transfer to separate pour pots for mixing the different colors and scents. You can also use the presto for a double boiler and keep your pour pots inside it, though I don't think too many people do that. It's really up to what's easiest for you :)

I was wondering if using a presto kettle pot, do you melt the wax in it directly then go to the pouring pot or put the pour pot into the presto? Or if you have the right accessories go from presto to mold? Thank You

You can melt wax, add dye and FO in the presto and pour into your pour pot straight into the mold. To clean to presto, simply wipe with paper towel. I try to eliminate as many steps as possible to be more productive and save time.

IMO

I melt my wax in the presto and use the pour pots to mix my color and scents in.

Me too. I use a glass measuring cup to transfer the wax to my pour pot. I don't make large batches at one time, so it's better for me to mix the FO and color into the pour pot, so I don't have to wipe out the Presto.

I melt my wax in mine and my DH put on a spigot for me. It makes the wait time alot shorter. and then I transfer to a pour pot and color and scent. I am thinking of getting 2 more one for votives ,tarts, and container wax. That should do it for a while.

Thanks for the responses, I want to go to a presto pot even though Im still in my early days of candle making (just bought some Fragrance Oil from a candle supply shop in Pennsylvania called Colonial Candle Crafters)

The major reason for the presto so early is because when I first started ( I stopped for a while because of frustration) I only wanted to make Votives till I get a better handle on things, but with the pot and thermometer that came with the kit, it doesnt reach down as far as I need it and next thing I know, the wax is melted but its like 190 because I cant keep the pot tipped to get the thermometer to get a heat reading from the wax.

So with the Presto, I believe I can get a better reading with the thermometer and a more consistent heat source so I will probably always be within the needed temps. Thanks for the help, maybe I can do my own Presto and post a pic of it for you guys when its done.

Another question, when I get it all setup and ested with water, then actually use it for melting wax, and everything is done, how do i clean the spicket out so it doesnt clog?

You can melt wax, add dye and FO in the presto and pour into your pour pot straight into the mold. To clean to presto, simply wipe with paper towel. I try to eliminate as many steps as possible to be more productive and save time.

IMO

I do it all in my presto pot as well. Saves time and I don't think the clean-up is a big deal. I just wipe it clean with paper towels. Just had to add that I purchased my second presto pot at a yard sale the other day .. brand new and only $10. :)

I only put wax in my presto. FO, dye, UV goes in the pour pot. Especially when I'm doing a lot of candles, I am constantly adding wax and it's melted by the time I'm done pouring the set I'm on. For me, it goes faster this way. Everyone has their own routine and you'll need to find what works best for you.

I have 5 presto pots and love them all. They all have spipots and they are wonderful. I leave j223 in 2, votive wax in 1 and pillar in one with one as a floater. I mix in both the prestos and the pour pots. I always put the uv in the presto so I do not forget it.

For pour pots I use the large pyrex measuring glass cups. I always start by filling the pour pot half way with water and microwaving for 5 minutes. Whip out with a paper towel and go. I always heat my pour pot - easier to clean after each scent. Once you start pouring the cup stays warm from the previous pour.

HTH,