IGI Glass Glow Blend?

Are any of you familiar with this new wax from IGI, "EZ Veg/Palm Wax, Glass Glow Blend R2322A Candle Wax"?

http://www.igiwax.com/R2322A%20TIS.pdf

It sounds interesting but I have not been able to find anything else about it except the very little that is at their website, basically a container wax that mimics the look of marble and turns translucent when it is burning, "resulting in a glowing effect."

:yay: Hi, I saw this thread and I am wondering if the wax I bought to test could be the same thing? I haven't had time to test with it yet but here is some info on it:

BEAUTIFUL Crystalline/Icicle Wax Flakes

Easy To Use - Makes Gorgeous Candles!

Natural, easy to use flakes makes candle crafting with this wax blend a JOY! You'll create some of the most beautiful candles with this product - our photo images just don't capture the "textured" look of the snowflakey look (as our retail store customers refer to the look.) You can craft containers & free standing candles (pillars & votives) & this wax makes gorgeous tarts too!!! Scent throw is incredible, too - we just can't say enough about our crystalline/icicle wax

I purchased it here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Candle-Supplies-Crystal-Icicle-Wax-5-Pounds-8-95_W0QQitemZ8163504439QQcategoryZ28119QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Hope this helps :)

I am not sure it is the same wax (that is talked about in the post below). What you got, looks more like the wax that S & P carries.

I have not seen the R2322A anywhere yet. I believe that IGI assigns R numbers to new waxes that are in the testing stages and then assign the IGI number to it when it goes into full production. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong on this. You might contact IGI for more information, I understand they are very helpful.

:yay: Hi, I saw this thread and I am wondering if the wax I bought to test could be the same thing? I haven't had time to test with it yet but here is some info on it:

BEAUTIFUL Crystalline/Icicle Wax Flakes

Easy To Use - Makes Gorgeous Candles!

Natural, easy to use flakes makes candle crafting with this wax blend a JOY! You'll create some of the most beautiful candles with this product - our photo images just don't capture the "textured" look of the snowflakey look (as our retail store customers refer to the look.) You can craft containers & free standing candles (pillars & votives) & this wax makes gorgeous tarts too!!! Scent throw is incredible, too - we just can't say enough about our crystalline/icicle wax

I purchased it here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Candle-Supplies-Crystal-Icicle-Wax-5-Pounds-8-95_W0QQitemZ8163504439QQcategoryZ28119QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Hope this helps :)

Chickie,

Did you ever get to test your crystal/icicle wax yet? I asked the supplier about this wax, and she said it is definitely just a one pour wax, and she also said it will hold up to 2 oz. of FO per pound and has an awesome scent throw. That sounds great! But I was wondering about how the melt pool would be with such a hard wax, and she recommended 5" 60-44-18" zinc wicks for 8 oz. jelly jars so it sounds like it hard to burn.

Guess the only way to find out is to try it but I always appreciate being able to read about other people's experiences first!

Laura :)

Hi Laura,

No, I haven't tested the crystal wax yet... I've been busy with pouring containers and still trying to get my palm feather Pillars wicked right. I am anxious to test it. Maybe I'll try to do a couple of containers and see what I get lol. I'll post when I do and if it turns out ok, maybe i'll post a pic of it. In the meantime, if you get some and test it, let me know how it goes! :highfive:

• 15 years later...

Also, keep your eye on Lone Star.  They do sell it in 10 lb packages but that size often goes out of stock.  They briefly had some 10 lb packages in early March but I guess they went quickly.

• Thanks 1