Today's project

JacquiO

And we have bath cupcakes!

After Van_Yuley's class you guys are probably sick of seeing bath cupcakes but I got a couple in a swap and just had to have more. They were lots of fun to make. Thanks Monica!

post-670-139458462968_thumb.jpg

Edited by JacquiO

Thanks everyone! :yay:

Gorgeous! Did you use royal icing or VY's recipe?

I used Van_Yuley's recipe.

Those are great! Is the class posted on the forum somewhere? :confused:

Here you go:

This is for the bottom cupcake...

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88530

and this link for the icing tutorial.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88553

I halved both recipes and I got nine cupcakes out of it with plenty of left over icing. I could have built them higher.

Also I don't own a kitchen aid mixer so I just hand wisked the bath bombs and used my hand mixer for the icing. But overall I really like the recipes. The bombs come out good and hard and tonight I'm going to see how well the icing dissolves in the tub.

Edited by JacquiO

Since I'd rather take a shower, I hadn't had any desire to try the bath cupcakes, but I just had an epiphany. Could these be used to make shower discs scented in Sinus Relief for an aromatherapy shower? I know Vicks or some cold medicine company had something like that last year that my son said helped him in the mornings.

I may have to order the ingredients and give this a try, but would like your opinions!