My first tub truffles

kitchenfairy

Thanks for the great response!

Rae- nope he hasn't tried them yet, I'm anxiously awaiting his next bath.

Blest- I used a recipe that I think I could in the archives of this forums old forum (but I'll have to verify that). If I can find the source, I'll post it here and let you know. They were super easy!

I was thinking when I make them for selling I'll pour some colored melt and pour soap or colored cocoa butter into the swirl at the top before I pour in the rest of the truffle so there will be some color coordination with the scent.

Ok, so hubby just took his first bath with one of these. It fizzed like it was supposed to, but not enough so I think a little more citric acid might be needed. And it did leave a brown ring around the tub but it wipes right off.... I'm thinking maybe I used a little too much color to start so I'll back off the next time I make these and see if that makes a difference.

Your truffles look divine! I tried my a batch for the first time today and I can't seem to get them out of the molds...how long do I have to leave them in the molds before trying to remove? I guess it would help if I let them get hard completely?? I'm very new to the whole bath and body world...thanks!