Love Spell

Blest2BAmerican

It's not just you. I can't stand it either. To me it smells exactly like Hawaiian Punch. Sickly sweet and fruity. I rarely soap this one without a blend and of course wherever I go people ask if I can do a Love Spell soap. *gag*

I bought Love Spell FO at the recommendation of some friends and can't stand the smell of it! Is it just me or do other not like it. There really aren't too many FOs I don't like but this is one of them. Stinky!

I got a sample from Candle Science and I COULD NOT even smell it OOB. When I called them, the said they have the STRONGEST love spell and I must have candle nose. So I thought, well I'll put it in wax. I cannot spell anything in wax either. I haven't burned it yet, don't really see any reason to.

I have smelled candles that were scented Love Spell that smelled differently than the FO I have. I got mine from another soaper (can't remember which brand it is). It's so much like fruit punch. Maybe I should try another one?

I too hate Love Spell but Hawaiian Punch, sickly sweet and fruity it is NOT. Smells like stinken weeds not flowers. yuck...

It does throw and is strong from WSP, KY and Tenn. I can send a scency if you want it.

I am another who does not care for it, but others love it. It makes me sneeze and gives me a headache when I make it. I can handle it if it's burning in a larger room and the frangrance isn't quite so in your face, normally I love in your face fragrances...but not this one.

I hate it. To me though..it smells like vomit. I'm the only one who gets the vomit note LOL. Maybe it's the grapefruit that I'm picking up in it. I get mine from Elements. I dunno...never liked this FO from day one. Have not ever smelled the original either.

I hate it too! I purchased some when VS was clearing out some Lovespell conditioner and my hubby followed me around. It drove him crazy. I really liked the conditioner but not the scent but they discontinued it and now hubby doesn't bother me as much. I should make some conditioner with that scent...

I'm with Isbennis....got mine from CS and simply loath it! Probably wouldn't like any Love Spell fo. Very few fo's I've found to really hate (I know..that's a pretty strong word) but this one is tops on my list..in fact, so far the only one on my list. I have a few I don't care for personally but hate...nope.

I use Love Spell from BCN (renamed Flirt) & Pink Sugar & I don't particularly like either one in B&B but they are both great sellers. Pink Sugar is by far my top seller in car fresheners and I really don't mind it in that. Another one I absolutely cannot stand is BNL Cupid, but again a great seller & there is no way I would get rid of any of them.

Now my absolute fav is NG Gingered Bergamot!!! I get so many compliments on it when I wear it, but it's not a great seller. :confused: Makes no sense to me. I think it smells different oob vs. on your skin.

It's just so sickening sweet - I hate it. I have a very small amount left, so I'm going to pour it up & put it on the NEVER AGAIN list! There are 3 scents that I totally hate, but will pour because they're so popular, but this isn't one of them! It has to be a real power-seller to make me keep pouring something I hate this much!

Susan.

<sigh> Got my sample packs from Peak & they threw in a freebie ... anyone want to guess what it is!?! LOL What are the odds? They sell something like 150 scents & I get the ONE fo that I really hate ... Love Spell. I'll be passing this one on to a fellow candle maker.

Susan.