My Fire Dept. candle fundraiser!!!

icecold

I know its pretty crazy, but I am on the Fire Auxiliary and my husband is a fire fighter and I said I would do the fundraiser if I could get everyones help making the candles. So we had an assembly line of candle making in the Fire Department. Everyone loves candles!!!

Edited by icecold

hay, whatever makes money for a great cause. I've always had great admiration for fire fighters (volunteer or paid) and police. I've had both professions in my family and when my son joined the volunteer fire dept we have here I was scared to death but couldn't have been prouder. Tell your husband I said thank you...even tho I don't live in your community I appreciate everyone in that profession.

The other day when we saw the USS New York we also got to show the boys the country's oldest still operating volunteer fire dept...Davy Crocket Fire Station in Gretna....they even still have the original old steam fire truck (Ole Smokie) they bring out of the museum for parades.

Thanks so much!! I am so proud of my husband for all he does. He is a voluteer fire fighter and works full time as an EMT. I help out as much as I can being on the Auxiliary and my candle fundraiser has done well for the last 3 years.

That's a great thing to do but I had to giggle....fundraiser for fire dept and they sold candles! Talk about job security for the guys! :laugh2:I'm sorry I know fires aren't funny but it just hit be that way! It's like selling candy as a fundraiser for diabetes research!

I was thinking the same thing.

I know its pretty crazy, but I am on the Fire Auxiliary and my husband is a fire fighter and I said I would do the fundraiser if I could get everyones help making the candles. So we had an assembly line of candle making in the Fire Department. Everyone loves candles!!!

My brother is a Captain also for a fire dept., and we always joke with people when they find out what we both do. All I say is..."I start fires and he puts them out"! :)

What scents did you offer? How did you go about with the fundraiser? I am kind of interested in doing this but with the hospital for breast cancer awareness. I have never done a fundraiser before. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.:smiley2:

Kim