Best time to do an open house

Elizabeth

In the past, I've conducted open houses during the w/e, however with all the holiday parties I am contemplating a weekday. I'm wondering if this will pose more of a hardship for people if its during the week vs. the w/e. I was thinking of a wednesday from 4 - 8 pm. Any thoughts?

I'm glad you brought this up - I just scheduled an open house on an upcoming Sunday from 10 to 4. I wonder if I should rechedule to a weekday. I did have one a while ago on a Thursday in the early evening and called it "Cocktails & Candles", it had a decent turnout. Well, maybe I'll keep my Sunday one for the comparison. Sorry for the rambling - just thinking out loud. I'll keep you posted on the results though!

I was once scheduling a home party that I was hosting (like pampered chef) and the lady suggested Thursday and told me that she found it the best night. He reason was that it was right before payday and she would get lots of people writing checks and spending more than if they were paying with cash. Also because people were to busy on weekends. I have never done a candle party but her logic has stuck with me for when I do start doing parties.

HTH,

Barb

When is it too late to have one in December? That's what I'm wondering.

I usually do a Thursday night kind of thing. Love the theme "Cocktails & Candles" Or how about Booze, Bath & Body...LOL

Anyway...I'm wondering if the week of the 12th is too late to have one this year. Any thoughts?

Not at all!

Last year I had mine on December 12th and made close to 2 g's!! 99% of the peeps were buying last minute gifts. FYI, the gift sets were a huge hit! Especially since people didn't have to package and wrap. The gift was all ready to give...

Good luck~