My tutorial instructions on paper

Barbara AL

It seems I don't have enough hands to take pictures and do a tutorial at the same time I need about 4 hands I have to stop and take about 8 pictures and then I find my trace is to hard to swirl. I am going to post the pictures I have drawn on paper.

You need to pull out for color at light trace and put your color into squeeze bottles. I pour my lines at medium trace and swirl. I make about 7 ounces of color and use atleast 5 ounces and hold my bottle up high and squirt some color in the slab so I will atleast have color 3/4 the way down. It takes about 2 ounces for the design on top.

Step 1 I draw X's in rows on the slab depending on how big your slab is.

Step 2 I draw horzontal lines across the X's this is where if you want to add another color you can do so or if using one color that is fine too.

Step 3 I draw a vertical lines across the X's now you can see these star shape designs.

Step 4 I take a metal screwer and start in the upper left corner going counter clockwise and go around the star shape design until I get into the center. I pull out my metal screwer each time I go around each design until I am finished. You can see where I did the swirl on paper in the last picture in the upper left corner.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Barbara AL

post-1039-139458456555_thumb.jpg

post-1039-139458456557_thumb.jpg

post-1039-139458456561_thumb.jpg

post-1039-139458456563_thumb.jpg

Barbara, you know you are feeding my desire for a slab mold, right? ;)

That is really cool. I know I would have to adjust my soaping ways to accomplish this but I think I may take a stab at it! Now to convince my husband that the lumber I plan to purchase needs to be made into a new mold asap! ;)

Thanks for sharing!

I too have always used the squeeze bottles! Wal-Mart sells opaque-ish/semi clear ones in their kitchen gadgets aisle, right next to the regular yellow/red ketchup and mustard squeeze bottles.

What I don't do, is your elaborate pattern!!! But, I'm about to!!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing your swirling techniques! They've always been to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!!