My new Loganbear Mold

Rae

Just got my new Loganbear mold today. Here is what his 12 bar slab looks like. I won't know how it unmolds until tomorrow night.

The far right picture is with the cover on it. It completely encloses the soap. Being that it is acrylic you probably can't see the lid.

Rae

post-8039-139458456489_thumb.jpg

post-8039-139458456492_thumb.jpg

post-8039-139458456496_thumb.jpg

Actually the color is UM blue, but it does look kind of gray. The scent is masculine musk. The men in my family love that scent.

Can't wait to see how this unmolds.:yay: :yay:

Rae

Don't be jealous. Just get dh to drive you up to Atlanta and I will show you how. See, now what is your excuse? :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Rae

Beautiful soap Rae. Love the color and swirls. I am jealous :smiley2:

Thanks everyone. And Billie, the beauty of this mold is I can see what swirls are on the bottom before I ever take it out. I could take a pic of the bottom if you want to see.

Rae

Nice looking soap, Billie! :smiley2:

I have had nothing but problems with my LoganBear Mold (mine is a 12 bar of the discontinued HDPE). Still can't get the soap off the bottom; does NOT slide right off! I'm about given up on it and might have to drop another $100 on their new molds...depending on your results!

I have had nothing but problems with my LoganBear Mold (mine is a 12 bar of the discontinued HDPE). Still can't get the soap off the bottom; does NOT slide right off! I'm about given up on it and might have to drop another $100 on their new molds...depending on your results!

I need all the compliments I can get lol but this is Rae's soap and post. I think you meant to say Rae but I appreciate the info. :smiley2:

Have you tried mineral oil? It really does help.

Beautiful soap!:)

rcotao08,

Have you contacted Jeff about the problem? Maybe he can offer some advice.

Have you tried mineral oil? It really does help.

Beautiful soap!:)

I tried a spray oil, which was what Jeff told me he uses when I spoke with him on the phone. I will try the mineral oil but just haven't had the time...

Hi, Billie,

I was waiting to hear back from Jeff before I posted anything, but to answer your question, yes I finally got the soap out this afternoon. I had to force it out, so these are definitely give away soaps. There was still soap on the bottom that wouldn't release. It had been 40 something hours when I finally forced them out.

I have never had these problems with wood molds and especially with silicone liners. I guess I need to go back to them. :angry2:

Rae

Rae were you able to unmold the soap yet and how did it go? I've read that non wood molds may take a day or two longer.