We got on TV!! Watch it on line :)

There is a new TV program in my area. I know one of the hosts pretty well, so we have been featured for a show. You can check it out on line... I demonstrate how to make candles, and glass etching. I hope this stirs some business up! And shows people a bit more about the art of HANDCRAFTED!!:yay:

We will alos be in the newspaper, and on tonights 6pm news. Not so much us, but the fact that there is a new show that focuses on my city, it just happens to be at my store/shop.

By the way, I am pregnant, I din't just swallow a beach ball. I wish I would have slipped that in some place during the show!!!!!

www.todayswindsor.com

click on the first player, "Nimble and Quick"

I am so envious!!! I want a shop like yours. You have a lovely workshop! How the heck do you make the whipped wax stay like that for so long? LOL Mine gets cool too fast and gets hard. I love the consistency of yours!

I have no sound on my computer... so I have NO idea what you were saying, but you are glowing, and beautiful and confident! Awesome job!

Well done, and congrats!

Fabulous! That was so cool and, yes, those reporters are a hoot! You looked like a pro - not nervous at all. I would have been quaking!

The glass etching is a wonderful niche. You said it was picking up considerably and I can understand why!

I love success stories and yours was great!

Thanks guys! My website has had extra hits today, so hoping the hits will spell orders!! I love my shop too--13 years in the making! It was in my basement for the first 8 years, then a tiny shop, and we moved into this one about a year ago.

The whipped cream--umm, it's soy, and we just whip it with a fork after it skins over cool... it does set quick, you have a very short window to work with it.

As for burning, novelty candles really never burn the way a container or votive will. It does spay on the plate, but it does not consume completely, we tell people to pop the berries and extra's off after the shortcakes are gone and use the wax in a tart warmer.

Education in the art of candle burning is soooooo important! If your customers arn't burning properly, they will not enjoy your candles as much as they should. Working one one one with our customers (an advantage we candle makers have over the big guys) we are able to talk to customers, recommend candle size based on burning habits, and help them enjoy candles more. That customer will be happier, and tell more people about you--the best advertising out there!!!

This tv sement definitly refueled my fire, which I have been struggling with this year.

Thanks for the kind words!!

I think you are adorable!! What a beautiful shop and all your stuff is so well presented!! Your pride was so contagious. Congrats on the new baby!! I think it could not have gone any better. Good luck but you do not need it!!!