Heating guns

Most chandlers use them to smooth the tops of their candles. ;)

You can use them to clean up spilled wax like Top said, you can also use them to melt jars/glasses you want to clean out (if there's not much wax in them).

Or, when your wax dries in the pour pot before you get it wiped out, hit it with the heat gun to remelt and then wipe.

I also use mine to "unstick" my wicks from the bottom of jars (I use a glue gun to stick mine).

You can use it to warm up your molds.

The possibilities are endless. :)

Yep, definitely worth it!! :) I went for a loooong time without one, and when I finally broke down and bought one, I realized what I had been missing!! LOL

It makes things soooo much easier I tell ya!!

Ditto everything Michi said plus I zap the candle before I top-off or add the next layer AND if you try to make one of Candle Kitty's marbles, you'll need it there too....might as well get one now.

Oh, I also zap my coffee cup w/it before pouring in the coffee..I like hot coffee :grin2:

I just got one Sunday after a boardie told me how cheap they were there. I'm loving it, especially for quickly heating jars and for smoothing out rough edges. I think someone mentioned you can use your cello wrap to package your candles and then you can get it to wrap nicely by using the heat gun. I haven't tried it yet though.

Also picked up a presto pot from Walmart for $21.00 :grin2: I've enlisted my father for helping me put it together on Turkey day (pre-turkey, he's too sleepy after :tongue2: )