Any suggestions on a kick butt vanilla fo???

Hello all...

I am new here, but not new to candle making. Been at it ten years and starting over with new business after being out of it for a year. I am having a hard time finding an awesome vanilla scent. I have heard some good things about Vanilla Bean Supreme from BCN. Have not ordered sniffie yet but plan to. Can you all offer some suggestions on some others I can get samples of?

I appreciate it. I got the vanilla extract and vanilla velvet from BCN and BCS and just did not get the awesome vanilla that I was looking for.

Thanks so much and I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and joining in on the board! :cheesy2:

I have never had any problems with c&s. Fast shipping. Even though they say the shipping is a minimun of $10.00. I've had several orders that were less then the stated $10.00. I once had 10lbs of the $5.00lb oils sent to me & the shipping was only 16.something. I thought that was really good.

Of their regular oils I highly recommend

hazelnut creme

vanilla pods

Of the $5.00lb. oils

Pear drizzle-- best, strongest pear scent i've ever tried.

Peach Cilantro --is very good, strong thower

Water Herbal is great -- I'm calling it water lily

they have run out of so many i can't remember what all they have left.

I am using these in gb415 @1.5oz (that's just what i use) pp.

imo, on all of these you can definately get by with 1oz. pp.

Candle Science: Very Vanilla........if you LOVE vanilla, this is "it"!

Very, very strong. Smells very close to Vanilla Voo-Doo (ack, can't remember the company) but it's cheaper and wow....it's the bomb!!!

Tennessee: Vanilla Bean Noel. Another awesome vanilla.

Very Bean Noel is a bit lighter than the Very Vanilla. I love them both. Then again, I can't get enough of vanilla!!!

I think Tennessee's VBN is stronger than CandleScience's Very Vanilla. Everyone's nose is different. But those two are my favorites.

The vanilla voodoo is from candle cocoon.

carol K, I'll have to try that vanilla pod from C&S next time I order.

I've been watching all the vanilla posts as I too want to find a super vanilla..I'm going to try Candle Cocoon Vanilla Vodoo and a few others...The only ones so far that I've tried is BCN Vanilla bean supreme which is great in c-3 but still looking for a real kickbut stronger one....I've tried Very Vanilla from Candle Science where I get a lot of oils from but I don't get much throw what so ever so that is quite disappoininting and they are right around the corner from me....Just the other day I mixed irish cream with very vanilla - that was hardly any throw...then I tried just the irish cream as I had seen a couple of posts where people said it smelled just like vanilla (nope, not at all)...Then I tried the frosting from Candle Science and nope - hardly anything on that too...Maybe I need to up the fragrance load a bit......hmmmm.....

I've never ordered from Candle Cocoon but I'm thinking of placing an order - Vanilla Vodoo is one of their signature scents and sure sounds awesome! Actually all their oils sound so intense unless they have a someone who is awesome who knows how to use words for descriptions, lol......I was reading up on candle cocoon and they say that most of their oils you don't need the full 1oz per pound so in the end you end up pretty close to the standard savings by using less...so that makes sense...Most of their oils are like 22.00 to 30.00....The vanilla vodoo is 25.00 a pound...I don't really think that is bad at all....The way I look at it, I would invest in a more expensive oil if it has the ultimate throw..because I'm sure looking. This company sounds awesome...And they say when you order 5 pounds or more of oil you get 12% discount.....And the shipping is awesome on their site! Actually probably the cheapest I've seen anywhere! So I'm game....You might have to adjust pricing on your candles a bit.....but I have never heard a negative comment about Candle Cocoon......

Keep us posted what you wind up going with.....

Trappeur

With all of you loving these vanilla's, do any of you have a problem wicking them? I gave up doing vanilla's because no matter what wick I used, it never burned right. I never found the wick that did it.

Any suggestions of wicks when you mention a fragrance would be great. I have a lot of people wanting vanilla, but without it wicking right, I don't know.

Thanks!

Any suggestions of wicks when you mention a fragrance would be great

I use Very Vanilla from CS and I actually have to wick down on this one. I know usually vanilla gets wicked up but not this one, at least for me. I use C3. In an 8 oz. jj, I use an ECO 8. Any higher and I get soot.

HTH

Deb

You know what Deb, I NEVER thought of wicking down on any of the ones I tested. :shocked2: And I tested about a dozen. I always wicked up because of the vanillans. Talk about a DUH and light bulb moment.

Thanks for posting!! I will try going down and see if that helps (at least when my arm heals). I use the 415 and maybe (hopefully) that will make a positive difference.

Michelle

Ok I got my vanilla pods from C & S, and oob is awesome. No chemical smell to it like some others I have gotten. And I also got a sniffie of the vanilla cake one to test. And oob the vanilla cake smells oh so good. I will be testing both of these today and will let you know how they do.

Thanks so much for all of your help......:cheesy2:

• 1 year later...

I love all the suggestion, and love vanilla. What do you suggest for the best vanilla to use in lotions? Any dupes for the Camille Beckman French Vanilla out there? Thanks for your help! I've ordered so many vanillas, and many have the chemical smell which turns me off, or they don't last long in the lotion.

I love all the suggestion, and love vanilla. What do you suggest for the best vanilla to use in lotions? Any dupes for the Camille Beckman French Vanilla out there? Thanks for your help! I've ordered so many vanillas, and many have the chemical smell which turns me off, or they don't last long in the lotion.

Vanilla Bean Noel from Tennessee Candle Supply is very good. Never heard of the French Vanilla you mentioned. Sorry!