My first Firestarters

They look good!

I never made them, so I can't tell you about wicking and all that, but I would guess they're very forgiving.

I plan to start making those, but they won't be that fancy.

I'm gonna use wood shavings, leftover scrap wax and possibly egg cartons, and sell 'em really cheap.

Those firestarters look great!!! I also make them in a similar way, but I don't even bother with a wick. As soon as you light the edge of the paper cup, they burn just fine. I also was concerned that if I put a wick in them, someone might think it burned like a candle. You never know these days.....:rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 !!!

I love the way that you guys over there do things like these. I have talked to Tracy about doing them here, but once again I just dont think the Aussie's would get it at all.....LOL, nor do we really have the cold weather like you do there.

Richard

I am sure you can just imagine a few of those nice firestarters sitting around down here in Aus at Christmas in 40° heat, which in your scale would be about 110°. Dont quite think you would need the firestarters to assist in getting the fire going somehow :)

Richard

I really love the idea of these ( and will at some stage give it a go!)

As Richard said though...I have to wonder what the "Aussies" would think of them.

Like I said before....they look almost good enough to eat, lol!

I have to wonder whether people over here have the same "approach" to things.

We're a pretty rugged bunch.

I had a very oddball friend once who in trying to get her fire started, in frustration grabbed a pair of old knickers (I kid you not!) doused them with PETROL and threw them in her fire.

NOT a great idea....!

It got her fire started alright, but I think her arms got a bit singed in the process! :shocked2:

Very nice.I used to just scent the pine cones for a freshener.Tried a few firestarters but never stayed with it.I have some pet bedding from 2 years ago but now will go with the cupcake idea, pet bedding, wax and a cute tart.No wick for me though either. I am sure someone would burn it on a counter and then a fire.

I wonder where on those we could put a warning.Soemthing like burn outdoors for camping,bonfires or your fireplaces etc.

LynnS

• 2 weeks later...

I can't see it either and I am jealous!! :angry2:

I am going to mess around with it and see if I can get the picture to come up.

Michelle

Can't get the picture to load for anything. Would you e-mail me a copy??? I have been wanting to try these but am clueless on how to do them.