Candle Labels

Does anyone here NOT put a label on their candle? I am having a hell of a time getting a label I like. Maybe I am too picky. I even had a friend who draws really well draw me up something and I didn't like it. It used to be I wanted a label because I was trying to hide wet spots/frosting but since I have gone to my own parasoy I don't get either of those that much. I thought about just making little tags (like gift tag size) with the scent on one side and my company info on another and attatching it to the candle or pillar with rafia. But then I still need to figure something out for my lotions and body butters/scrubs.

I ended up going with a round label on the lid only.

I had a great label, included a pic to represent both my girls... it was perfect... loved it. Then my brain kicked in and I realized how much ink that would take.

I totally rethought the entire thing and came to the conclusion that alot of people really don't want a label to deal with. So I ended up simple but nice... so far everyone who has seen them really likes it that way. Even if the lid is off... my info is on the warning label.

The are still a work in progress as the program I have isn't easy to get the wording circular. I need to research and find a newprogram that can support the label I have chosen. I might also take my e-mail off the top and replace it with soy blend...

**I have heard less is more** LOL

HTH

Danielle

post-8983-139458453929_thumb.jpg

I ended up going with a round label on the lid only.

I had a great label, included a pic to represent both my girls... it was perfect... loved it. Then my brain kicked in and I realized how much ink that would take.

I totally rethought the entire thing and came to the conclusion that alot of people really don't want a label to deal with. So I ended up simple but nice... so far everyone who has seen them really likes it that way. Even if the lid is off... my info is on the warning label.

The are still a work in progress as the program I have isn't easy to get the wording circular. I need to research and find a newprogram that can support the label I have chosen. I might also take my e-mail off the top and replace it with soy blend...

**I have heard less is more** LOL

HTH

Danielle

I like your lable, where do you get them? If you dont mind me asking.

The labels I get from online labels.... http://www.onlinelabels.com/ they even have a program you can use called Maestro.. which you can try out and create before you ever get a label from them. They didn't have a font I really liked so I downloaded a template from them. They will send you samples to check things out.

Since I have really been examining my labels today I was thinking I might try a clear label also.... it never seems to end! LOL

I have gotten great CS from them and will continue to do business with them!!

Happy label hunting and making everyone

Danielle

I use little cards that I tie on with a thin satin ribbon. The card has a picture of a beautiful waterfall (Waterfall Candles) and the scent of the candle. I also have the name of the company and the scent of the candle on the warning label. My son does all of the designing with photo shop. I, also, do not like to have a candle label on my candle when I am using it to decorate my home. Some of the jars I use would be hard to put one on anyway. I use the medium size vibe and whisper jars. I like the elegance of the jar!

I use little cards that I tie on with a thin satin ribbon. The card has a picture of a beautiful waterfall (Waterfall Candles) and the scent of the candle. I also have the name of the company and the scent of the candle on the warning label. My son does all of the designing with photo shop. I, also, do not like to have a candle label on my candle when I am using it to decorate my home. Some of the jars I use would be hard to put one on anyway. I use the medium size vibe and whisper jars. I like the elegance of the jar!

Could you post a picture of it?

We tried the tags & ribbons, but abandoned them after a few years. The tags were pulled off with the lids about half the time, and were a real pain. Even after I developed a slip knot which made them tighter on the jars, they were a pain.

We now use a round tan colored label which looks pretty sharp with almost every color, and decided to keep the ribbons just for color, and to help identify fragrances from a distance.

However, the proprietor of a craft store where we display our candles told us she didn't want the ribbons, so now I'm rethinking them. It's one less cost, and one less step in the process.

Fredron

One of the things you need to consider in deciding on hang tags or labels is how you plan on displaying your merchandise. For example, if you plan on doing craft shows, etc., hang tags could be a major inconvenience for packaging. IMO, given the style of jar you have used (as seen in the gallery) you need to have something catchy on your candles. They are very plain and common (I don't mean to insult you). Are you interested in a prim/country look, or something more contemporary? My suggestion would be to decide what "look" you want to achieve in your overall business persona.

When I posted my other label on here someone suggested it should be bright and "sparky". Well I have yet to find a way to make a "sparky" label other than use bright colors/ So check this out and tell me what you think. My sister also suggested spraying "Spray Glitter" lightly on the finished label. The scent of the candle would go in the blank area.

post-9408-139458453936_thumb.jpg

This label is way more "sparky". I like it better.

The only thing I would consider changing is the font for your website. For me it is not a selling point and shouldn't be lumped in with the rest.

I do think this new design will spark up your jars as mentioned in a previous post.

Danielle

Okay, you are just to darned creative!! I too am scratching my head for label ideas since I'm starting all over with a new wax. I am also toying with tagging. Hmmm :confused:

Here's what ours look like.

Booklet fold, hole punched in the corner, and secured with satin ribbon.

do you guys make your own labels or get someone to do it? i am wanting to change the look of my candles and label have one in mind, but cant seem to find the right tools to put it down. I thought about getting someone to make it for me but they were gonna charge 175!!