Candle Labels

*bleary eyed*

I just finished a 4 hour label making session for body stuff. I've designed the labels for everything I do with the exception of warning labels, those I've been buying but will likely start making the next time I feel the need to put my fist through a wall.

Anyway, a few things help if you're going to design your own. Microsoft Word, Avery Wizard for Microsoft Word, and paint. I haven't found much that I can't do between those 3 programs thus far.

*bleary eyed*

I just finished a 4 hour label making session for body stuff. I've designed the labels for everything I do with the exception of warning labels, those I've been buying but will likely start making the next time I feel the need to put my fist through a wall.

Anyway, a few things help if you're going to design your own. Microsoft Word, Avery Wizard for Microsoft Word, and paint. I haven't found much that I can't do between those 3 programs thus far.

I use Microsoft Word and Avery too and love it.

Oversoyed, when you hang your tags on the candle do they get in the way when they are next to eachother?

I got mine!!!! I actually took off the whole webiste font at the bottom and as like many of you... added it to my warning label. I took some jars to work to ask people what they thought of the bright, colorful label and they loved it. They also loved the fact I put the scent of the candle in black, to offset it from the actual label. I finally have labels!!!! WooHoo. I designed it from scrat using Paint Shop Pro X2. Took many hours to get it right... but it was worth it! Thanks all for your input.

Everyones labels look so nice. I agree the labels are by far the hardest thing I do in my candlemaking. I don't remember how many times I've changed them.

I used to do the hang tags and the label on the top of the jar too. I abandoned those because as someone else mentioned, the hang tags are a pain in the butt to repack when you do a lot of craft shows like I do.