Anyone know anything about Graceful Hosting?

TraciS

I don't have a site..and I guess I don't understand anything...

But how can one person destroy anyone's website?

Can this be done to anyone's site? all you have to do is file a complant? and about what?

I guess I am green, but this is sure confuseing to me..

but i sure feel for those of you that are loseing money over this..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am lost on all this too, but if what 8-GRAN-ONES is saying is the case, and this "Person" did this just to be spiteful and to cause trouble and the claims are false..

I hope Adam, and everyone of you that has websites shut down because of this, SUE this "Persons" butt off if the claims filed are false!!!:mad:

And... If the claims are real... How sad for all...

At the time that this whole drama llama was born, my site was still being built and was not live. I never got the email that so many people got. I believe she has gone thru and reported sites one by one, as Adam's is also still up.

My site is not fully complete yet at this point either... and not advertised at ALL. I'm keeping it low key while this whole thing drags on. I told Adam that I'd stick with him until he either throws in the towel and moves on, or I get pulled for more than 2 weeks. He's done a lot for me in helping me get my site ready and this whole situation has been pretty devastating for his business. But if I do have to move, at least I know someone that I will NEVER do business with.

I hope Adam doesn't throw in that towel.

On the other hand I felt like switching hosts just to have access to my content.

It'll work out (I believe)...come on Moses lead us to the promise land. Part that Red Sea.... :)

(I'm getting pissed by the minute though....)

-----------------------

I may have to hang out in etsy for a while. As much as I don't want to.

I too was one of the affected ones. This is really annoying and not exactly my favorite thing to deal with. I hate it for Adam and have always sung his praises but this has put us all in a bad place. Not only does someone have to see the "FORBIDDEN" message....they may assume I am out of business. It is now that I wished for an etsy or artfire store or something.. I am going to get one going this week. EVERYTHING has my website address and points to a dead site. I tried to change my DNS to my blog but I couldn't figure it out. Does anyone know how to direct traffic to another site even if it is a blog??

I too was one of the affected ones. This is really annoying and not exactly my favorite thing to deal with. I hate it for Adam and have always sung his praises but this has put us all in a bad place. Not only does someone have to see the "FORBIDDEN" message....they may assume I am out of business. It is now that I wished for an etsy or artfire store or something.. I am going to get one going this week. EVERYTHING has my website address and points to a dead site. I tried to change my DNS to my blog but I couldn't figure it out. Does anyone know how to direct traffic to another site even if it is a blog??

Yes, someone asked if I was still selling yesterday. Thank God I got that last $60 order Sunday, right before it went down.... I think I'll do a little etsy shop in the meantime (as annoying as it is...) I SO don't want to list.... ugh.. I'll do it tomorrow).

I have an Etsy store which helped me tremendously with my transfer to a new server. Once everything is up and going again I would recommend doing an Etsy and Artfire (still working on that one) for some form of backup.

For those of you who are sticking it out and worried about customers thinking you've closed shop... do you or did you have a newsletter in place? I'd be updating blogs, updating newsletters, etc letting people know that something unfortunate has happened with your website and give your contact info for those who wish to purchase anything with you in the meantime. If you don't have a blog, there are free ones out there (blogspot.com). At least if people try searching for your site, they'll be able to get some hits as to how to contact you or at least know that you'll be back...

As for if the above is true and this claim proves to be false, those affected could definately get something for loss of business. I hope it all works out to those involved.

For those of you who are sticking it out and worried about customers thinking you've closed shop... do you or did you have a newsletter in place? I'd be updating blogs, updating newsletters, etc letting people know that something unfortunate has happened with your website and give your contact info for those who wish to purchase anything with you in the meantime. If you don't have a blog, there are free ones out there (blogspot.com). At least if people try searching for your site, they'll be able to get some hits as to how to contact you or at least know that you'll be back...

As for if the above is true and this claim proves to be false, those affected could definately get something for loss of business. I hope it all works out to those involved.

Those are good ideas. I have thought about the newsletter. There were about 10 new account sign ups that I hadn't gotten to add to my vertical response list. But I will update my blog.

I am not involved in this, as I don't have a website.

But Was this malisiously done?

Was this False claims?

If so whom ever did this, should be named,

I can't think of any thing worse than a person that will

tell non truths..

This is a scary thing, if this can be done, with a false

accusation..

It would seem no website is safe...

Well, since it is a legal issue I don't think it's necessary to name the parties involved, especially for those of you who don't have a stake in all of this. (I'm not trying to be rude)....

I'm not even sure if the other party is hosting anymore so ..... it really isn't necessary. We don't really know the party's motive (although we could speculate)... but it wouldn't be wise to say anything. Imagine being dragged into something for defamation of character w/out facts to back up anything.... nope, I think I'll pass. *l*

I'm not a Mod, but I suggest anyone wanting to discuss the issue in detail (hence naming names) you should take it to the PM's......

This is just me though.

I'm still standing firm w/ my Faith Meter.... :)

Got flagged today.... that was quick. Can't get into my email.. can't get into my admin panel. Was about 1/2 done building my site and its..... gone.

The person who is behind this better hope that they can prove their accusations or they will find that I am hell on wheels when you screw with my hard work. Given the track record of the person in question though... I'm doubting they can.

Since I've scaled back on my business and haven't been promoting it much lately I'm patiently waiting. And I love Adam and graceful hosting! I sent out a newsletter (and really, you all should back up your addys on an excel file just for this reason!) so my regulars know I'm still around.

This sucks....

Yes, if a DMCA complaint is filed, a person can be suspended pending investigation. Where the person making the allegation screwed up at in my case was shutting me down. See, my site was not live... which would make a copyright claim null and void as my site had NEVER been live. According to my attorney, you cannot make a claim of copyright violation if there is nothing to claim ON. That was why I kept my site from going live. I was holding off so that I wouldn't end up suspended and end up not having access to my files THAT I PAID FOR FROM MY WEB DESIGNER. This individual making a claim on my site may end up costing.....

Yes, if a DMCA complaint is filed, a person can be suspended pending investigation. Where the person making the allegation screwed up at in my case was shutting me down. See, my site was not live... which would make a copyright claim null and void as my site had NEVER been live. According to my attorney, you cannot make a claim of copyright violation if there is nothing to claim ON. That was why I kept my site from going live. I was holding off so that I wouldn't end up suspended and end up not having access to my files THAT I PAID FOR FROM MY WEB DESIGNER. This individual making a claim on my site may end up costing.....

is it possible that it doesn't matter if your site was live or not, doesn't matter if YOU didn't use/access, etc. whatever was copyrighted? Based on the various sites (and going by slim memory that they weren't the "cookie cutter" look where everything is the same templates), I'm guessing that whatever was copyrighted must have to do with the hosting side, not your individuals site, so you're at a loss simply for being a client. I really don't know ... just trying to put pieces together as well. Sounds like a real mess. It's sad to hear that you've had to pull in an attorney. I think we've only ever switched hosts once in almost 9 years, and that was only 1 or 2 years into it. What a headache ....

what were the allegations?!!!

can someone just shut someone down by making false claims?!

No.

I'm going to be the stick on the mud, since I didn't like the way Adam was selling his "product" to begin with. Adam aside, in other aspects is a decent kid. But when it comes to business - the lying to begin with as I mentioned in another post is a HUGE RED FLAG to me. Anyone that needs to lie about their services isn't a good business person.

And just because someone is "nice" and has great "customer service" does not mean everything they do is legit. Charming con men (not speaking of Adam directly, I don't know if he's charming in CS and likes to take out women) have taken billions from nice women often people don't believe they are being screwed because the guys just "too nice".

What Adam did - given limited information of course, I'm not on the inside of either side or anything, just giving a scenario - what he did, could very well be illegal.

You can't just make a claim and everything comes tumbling down. There has to be a small amount of proof before. AND, if Adam was using his own hosting servers like he claims, then this would have never happened - he was buying cheap and reselling hosting spots to you.

See, if Adam was running this himself, from his own company - the sites couldn't be taken down without a lawyer getting involved. If he was buying batch hosting from say Voda (example only) - the person making the claim would contact Voda, provide the information and a few tidbits of proof and Voda would yank sites simply because they are using someone else's whatever it is that's being claimed.

You can't just go "nanny nanny boo boo" and wave a wand and force a business to take down stuff like website builders. Given what little I know, I can tell you Adam did NOT code a builder. So where did it come from? Start thinking to other posts where he tried to "back up" other stuff.

If we follow the path that Adam DID have his own servers and was hosting there - he's the one that's yanking your sites without telling you anything. And he'd be yanking them due to a valid claim because he's not FORCED to do anything til a court would require unless he knew he was doing something wrong.

Needless to say I'm very upset about this. Even though my site wasn't getting alot of orders my traffic was beginning to build up.

I can't even move it now which means I'm going to have to start all over AGAIN from scratch.

What I can't understand is WHY is Adam's site out of all of these sites the only one still live? WHY wasn't our sites hosted on the same software/hosting or however it should be worded as his?

There is no telling how long this mess is going to go on and be drug out.:angry2:

Adam had posted about the server and the DMCA filings but mods removed it.

See I dont agree(understand) with this, and of course I am not a mod but if you are going to remove important information from a thread, why dont just delete everything? :confused: It just doesnt make any sense to me and plus with everyone asking what happen why remove the explation.

I am not trying to make you guys mad but I just dont get it. :sad2: