Anyone know anything about Graceful Hosting?

TraciS

I was doing a little searching on hosting as mine is on the high side but can't seem to get to most of the sites that were listed on one search and can't even get graceful hosting to come up. Is this a fluke or is he not hosting anymore?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to be the first to say that this whole situation is a total shame. Graceful Hosting has always been FANTASTIC with me. Emails answered promptly, they have held my hand through the setup process (I'm not a techie by any means), and have been prompt and professional in all their dealings. I hope this whole matter is solved quickly and they are back up and accepting new clients SOON!

What a weird deal. Things like this are what keeps me going with a faceless company and not a crafter turned host which is what some of these smaller companies seem to be. I pay more than I like but my site has only been down twice in 2 years and both were in the middle of the night for maintenance.

Good luck to you all. I hope it all gets straightened out soon. Someone filled me in a little, I would be pissed as hell if I was missing out on business due to someone's sour grapes.

I want to be the first to say that this whole situation is a total shame. Graceful Hosting has always been FANTASTIC with me. Emails answered promptly, they have held my hand through the setup process (I'm not a techie by any means), and have been prompt and professional in all their dealings. I hope this whole matter is solved quickly and they are back up and accepting new clients SOON!

Ditto...

Your site comes up for me just fine, but LaVida's in down. Adam's own site comes up, but his hosting company site is down. I'm confused ... :confused:

Crafty is w/ another host. She acted quickly because she has a stake in her site being down... we all do. :(

I have faith.....

I am one of Graceful Hostings clients and yes this week has been a living hell, not only for myself but for all parties involved. All the client sites have been suspended for what appears to be a vindictive attempt to ruin a fast growing dedicated host whom, may I add, goes way above the norm for customer service. From my point of view this act appears EVIL and completely uncalled for. Graceful Hosting is not to be blamed for this but he and all his clients are caught up in a BAD situation caused by someone who enjoys causing turmoil. Even in my worse nightmares I would have never dreamed one person could continue to haunt several times again and again and again . . .:tiptoe:

You need to look and see who the host it. Look at the bottom of the home page.

yeah, I know that ~ I didn't look though. I would have thought he would have hosted his own site if he now was a hosting company, that's why I was confused. From the outside looking in, it appeared that others were done, but not his own. Obviously there's more to the story. The one that is "up" is in fact hosted by someone else as LaVida pointed out, so she switched at some point evidently because I thought in an old thread she was listed as being hosted by Graceful. Admittedly I don't watch all that close, just snowed in today and browsing the threads :P

Adam's site is hosted by him. I just looked.

then I'm back to being confused LOL. If his hosting company is entirely down, how can only his own site be up and others be down? Way over my head. I just feel for those losing sales during this time ~ I would be beside myself since my website is my only income.

Your site comes up for me just fine, but LaVida's in down. Adam's own site comes up, but his hosting company site is down. I'm confused ... :confused:

my site comes up because i switched hosting companies while the sites were down. mine would still be down too had i not switched. let me also say i switched only because i cannot afford for my site to be down. it had nothing to do with Adam's service.

Mine also remains untouched, as do a handful of others. Essentially, sites are going down one by one as the B#*#H who is causing this files complaints one by one. She is targeting the bigger and well known sites first.. and is leaving Adam's alone to make him look more suspicious, IMHO. Mine is an unknown site and I'm keeping it that way for now, just to be safe.

Mine also remains untouched, as do a handful of others. Essentially, sites are going down one by one as the B#*#H who is causing this files complaints one by one. She is targeting the bigger and well known sites first.. and is leaving Adam's alone to make him look more suspicious, IMHO. Mine is an unknown site and I'm keeping it that way for now, just to be safe.

I've been on your site and I'm reporting you! :D I'm kidding. Yours is still up? I thought he (this person) went to the directory of gracefulhosting and e-mailed up all - so everyone was/is known....

At the time that this whole drama llama was born, my site was still being built and was not live. I never got the email that so many people got. I believe she has gone thru and reported sites one by one, as Adam's is also still up.

My site is not fully complete yet at this point either... and not advertised at ALL. I'm keeping it low key while this whole thing drags on. I told Adam that I'd stick with him until he either throws in the towel and moves on, or I get pulled for more than 2 weeks. He's done a lot for me in helping me get my site ready and this whole situation has been pretty devastating for his business. But if I do have to move, at least I know someone that I will NEVER do business with.

So what does all of this mean for those customers who have websites through GH? And how does this happen? What has been filed against these websites? Who is doing this and why? I am not seeing the whole picture here...can someone explain a bit more please!

So what does all of this mean for those customers who have websites through GH? And how does this happen? What has been filed against these websites? Who is doing this and why? I am not seeing the whole picture here...can someone explain a bit more please!

Isn't it that man from HCM Pro? I forget his name.