Roebic Crystal Drain Opener at Lowes

Yep. I was looking for it last month in my Lowe's, but it was nowhere to be found.

I get Rooto 100% Lye at TruValue Hardware stores and Menards. It's always on the shelves. This is in Minnesota, so your findings may vary.

My TruValue has this too, so maybe it's pretty common.

Both Lowes by me clearanced it.

I bought a bunch of the Roebic lye when I saw it on clearance. When I run out I'll probably contact the store managers to see if I can get it special ordered.

I was just wondering if anyone else has done so with any success.

I get Rooto 100% Lye at TruValue Hardware stores and Menards. It's always on the shelves. This is in Minnesota, so your findings may vary.

I have also ordered from aaa-chemicals. Good luck!

There is another thread about this that was post like in October or so. In that thread, I remember someone saying Rooto was not good to soap with....well the reviews were kind of a mixed bag but mostly not good. Is there a trick to using Rooto that you don't have to use if you use Roebic? Just curious because I can get Rooto locally at Ace.

• 9 months later...

Do you have a True Value hardware store near you?

Mine sells it all the time.

In fact when I went in and seen how many bottles they had on the shelves I was like oye that aint good...lol

I told the owner who is a dear friend, You know what you are doing by putting all that on the shelf at 1 time? lol lol

Then I said, but pal if you stop selling it now cuz I told you I will have to shoot u.:laugh2::laugh2:

hi,

If you decide to buy from the internet, the lye guy is in syracuse ny, shipping shouldn't be bad to ohio. he does a buy 6 and the 6th is free. he sells 2 pound containers and carries both NAOH and KOH.

i've only had one order from him so far, but i found him friendly and helpful with my questions.

www.thelyeguy.com

hth,

eileen

I had run out of the lye I had purchased from AAA and had to buy the Roebic at Lowe's just this past weekend. It was $12.98 for a 2 lb container!!!!:shocked2::shocked2: Last time I purchased it, it was less than $9.00!! Luckily I am finished making soap for the year, and will buy in bulk from AAA in January.

I had run out of the lye I had purchased from AAA and had to buy the Roebic at Lowe's just this past weekend. It was $12.98 for a 2 lb container!!!!:shocked2::shocked2: Last time I purchased it, it was less than $9.00!! Luckily I am finished making soap for the year, and will buy in bulk from AAA in January.

I noticed that too. When I bought it in the past it was around$7.00.