Essentials By Catalina

prairieannie

Hey people! I just got this email from Catalina!

Hi Sharon, we are just about ready to start the soap sale. It should be posted on the website by 3:30pm PST.

Thanks for your awesome reviews on our soap!!

Catalina

I haven't checked yet, but it ought to be up any minute!

Happy Shopping!

Oops.. here's the link

http://www.essentialsbycatalina.com

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the heads up from Bill about the sale, I've been watching for it all day. Was glad when it finally arrived. What a great sale!!!!! Has anyone tried the new Natural base yet? It sounds really nice but trying to decide if I can afford to get it AND the white AND the clear all at one time. I sure wish there was someone nearby that would like to split a 40# order of the natural with me. Oh well, I'll probably at least get 20# of it.

PA did you say the white is the best to get for adding goodies to it? Thanks

Nancy

After the heads up from Bill about the sale, I've been watching for it all day. Was glad when it finally arrived. What a great sale!!!!! Has anyone tried the new Natural base yet? It sounds really nice but trying to decide if I can afford to get it AND the white AND the clear all at one time. I sure wish there was someone nearby that would like to split a 40# order of the natural with me. Oh well, I'll probably at least get 20# of it.

PA did you say the white is the best to get for adding goodies to it? Thanks

Nancy

Yep, that's what I use!

I emailed Catalina today and asked her about mix and match on the sale.. I'm sure I won't hear back from them until Monday since it was this evening when I sent it.

I really want to try the Natural too. I think it looks cool and I bet it's amazing since the rest of their stuff is so darn good!

As I mentioned sometime earlier I made over 200 bars of soap and gave them to my co-workers for Christmas among some other things I made - I used the EBC white base with a few additives and they all loved them

A number of them have been wanting to buy more even though I still have not sold anything I have made (Just tonight I had a couple people bugging me to make more as a matter of fact lol)

Ya know, I am beginning to think that just possibly maybe I am sort of starting to do one or two things right

As I mentioned sometime earlier I made over 200 bars of soap and gave them to my co-workers for Christmas among some other things I made - I used the EBC white base with a few additives and they all loved them

A number of them have been wanting to buy more even though I still have not sold anything I have made (Just tonight I had a couple people bugging me to make more as a matter of fact lol)

Ya know, I am beginning to think that just possibly maybe I am sort of starting to do one or two things right

Ya think?!! Of course you couldn't go wrong using this base! LOL. I'm starting to sound like I work for these people, and I don't.

You have the perfect name for a soap biz ya know.. Scrubzz! LOL. How cool is that?

Scrubzz I know what you mean. I've been making candles for the past 3 years and I'm just kind of burnt out and have been trying to decide what to do next. I will still do candles since I have so much invested, but I am going to go more for wickless (except my carved candles). I am so excited about getting into the m&p and would like to venture into using more eo's & herbs instead of the fo's.

With m&p, it sounds like you can make it as simple or complex as you want...the decision is yours and I like that aspect of it. PA you might want to talk to Bill about putting you on the payroll!!!! You'd be a perfect PR rep for them. I'll be placing my order tomorrow and then anxiously awaiting it's arrival.

When you get a reply about the mix & match question, please post. I am very interested in that as well.

Thank you, NancyT, for mentioning a few days ago that this sale was coming up, and thank you, PA, for alerting us exactly when it starts and for all your great advice! I'm going for the 40# box. :yay:

I see on their web site that they have just moved into a larger facility. I'm happy to see someone is actually doing better in this economy!!!

ETA: On a related note, have any of you tried making salt bar with this particular white soap? There was some discussion awhile back about making salt bars with m&p, so I may try that when I get this in.

I'm dying that I can't get into this sale. Just can't afford to get any at this time.

I would love to try their white, clear, gm, and natural bases. I'm particularly interested in the natural base. So I'm hoping someone will be able to critique it here soon.

I just received a sample of all their bases, and it was only $19.01 with shipping.

I am going to plat today.....:yay:

Candybee, maybe you could order the samples too, just to try them.

Thanks PA for the information.

Yep, that's what I use!

I emailed Catalina today and asked her about mix and match on the sale.. I'm sure I won't hear back from them until Monday since it was this evening when I sent it.

I really want to try the Natural too. I think it looks cool and I bet it's amazing since the rest of their stuff is so darn good!

Just got a response from EBC. They said the website won't allow mix and match, but if you call the order in, they will do it!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

YAY!

Just got a response from EBC. They said the website won't allow mix and match, but if you call the order in, they will do it!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

YAY!

PA, at this point, i'm not sure which of you two is better....... you or catalina!!

that is wonderful, now i just have to find a few minutes to call in my order. :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

I made the natural soap- base today. Now I am waiting fot them to dry. I diden't add any extras to it except scent and dye. I want to see how the soap does before I add anything to it. I will let you know after I try it out later how it goes. :yay:

Regina :cheesy2:

I made the natural soap- base today. Now I am waiting fot them to dry. I diden't add any extras to it except scent and dye. I want to see how the soap does before I add anything to it. I will let you know after I try it out later how it goes. :yay:

Regina :cheesy2:

I am very anxiously awaiting your results Regina!! That's how I planned to do it too.. just add fragrance and see how it turned out!

Ok I finally tested the natural soap base. Here goes. It held dye and FO well. When I washed with it could still use something extra in it for more lather. I like a lot of bubbles lol. Also my hands feel very smooth but a little dry so I would also add something in it to make it less drying. Other wise the base is very easy to use it cuts easily and melts well. I used a microwave. I am going to also try the samples of goats milk and shea butter soaps I purchased from them and see how they are.

Regina

Ok I finally tested the natural soap base. Here goes. It held dye and FO well. When I washed with it could still use something extra in it for more lather. I like a lot of bubbles lol. Also my hands feel very smooth but a little dry so I would also add something in it to make it less drying. Other wise the base is very easy to use it cuts easily and melts well. I used a microwave. I am going to also try the samples of goats milk and shea butter soaps I purchased from them and see how they are.

Regina

is it a nice bright white base or more of a cream? Asking because I'm wondering how well dyes blend with it.

It does sound nice. Its easy enough to add more lather and moisturizing additives.

Thanks for the report Regina!!

Regina

Thank you for reviewing it for us! Let us know what you decide to add and how it turns out!

I searched on EBC's website but couldn't find what size their base samples are for MP. I see most of the liquid stuff comes in 4 oz sample sizes. Can someone who has received samples of their MP bases tell me what size they are and also do you know if you can order more than one sample of the same base? Not sure I'm ready to invest in 20 lbs until I've had time to play with the various bases.

Thanks!

I searched on EBC's website but couldn't find what size their base samples are for MP. I see most of the liquid stuff comes in 4 oz sample sizes. Can someone who has received samples of their MP bases tell me what size they are and also do you know if you can order more than one sample of the same base? Not sure I'm ready to invest in 20 lbs until I've had time to play with the various bases.

Thanks!

Here's the link to the sample ordering page:

http://www.essentialsbycatalina.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=165