Essentials By Catalina

prairieannie

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the link to the sample ordering page:

http://www.essentialsbycatalina.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=165

Thanks, Candybee - I went to that page as well as the general sample ordering page and I was still unable to find anyplace that mentioned how big the sample sizes were for MP.

I know Regina just received some samples so I'm hoping maybe she can give me an idea as to the size of each?

Thanks!

I got a sample of Goat milk base from them once a looong time ago. I don't recall how much it was, but I want to say around 1/2 pound.

Give them a call or shoot them an email to know for sure unless someone else who knows will chime in here. They are pretty speedy responding to email.

Hi everyone I weighted the samples and there about 1/2 lb each. And now for more reviews. This time I made the Goats Milk Soap. I used only fragrance oil and color. Well it makes more bubbles than the natural. My hands felt very smooth and soft not to dry like the natural base. I realy liked the Goats Milk better than the natural base. :yay: I also like it better than the other brands I have used This one is gonna be a keeper for me. Next to test the Shea Buter Base. Will post results soon.

Regina

Last weekend I ordered 40# of the white soap, and sea salt to practice some salt bars. The shipment went out on Monday according the email I got from them, so it should be here by this weekend. I'm off work on Friday and I will be watching the driveway for the mail rider if it isn't here before then! :yay:

I also have cocoa butter, and I found some unscented dish soap at my Wal-Mart that I'm going to get for increasing lather. Can't wait!!!

Last weekend I ordered 40# of the white soap, and sea salt to practice some salt bars. The shipment went out on Monday according the email I got from them, so it should be here by this weekend. I'm off work on Friday and I will be watching the driveway for the mail rider if it isn't here before then! :yay:

I also have cocoa butter, and I found some unscented dish soap at my Wal-Mart that I'm going to get for increasing lather. Can't wait!!!

Ok I new here and havent made any mp soap but you can use DISH SOAP? Is this really ok to do? For some reason this just seems weird to me.

Ok I new here and havent made any mp soap but you can use DISH SOAP? Is this really ok to do? For some reason this just seems weird to me.

Sure, it's okay! :) I would probably add a few moisturizers to the mix though just in case, or be certain that the dish soap was one of those that is supposed to be great for skin.. you know, like what was it? Polmolive? LOL!

my secret ingredient is Dr. Bronners organic liquid soap, about 1/2 TBSP per pound. It makes incredible lather, and is real soap, unlike dish soap, which is technically detergent. I would think the dish soap would be rather harsh to put in soap. Any good quality liquid real soap should work, if you don't want to spend the bucks on Dr. B. I always have it around, so that's what I use. I usually add a little cocoa butter, coconut oil, or other oils that might affect lather, so I compensate with the Dr. B. I use SFIC base and my soap always has an awesome creamy non drying lather. HTH :smiley2:

Yep, Dr. Bronners is a wonderful additive for bubbles!

To answer the question about why use liquid soap vs. glycerin and I'd like to take a stab at that..

Glycerin is wonderful for lather. It will help a *little bit* with bubbles. The liquid soap will boost your bubbles greatly. Some folks prefer the extra creamy lather, and some folks like lots of bubbles.. while others need to have both to feel like they are getting clean. LOL! So.. it's personal preference, and realizing that there is a difference between lather and bubbles I suppose.

i am so excited. two of my priority mail boxes came a little while ago. i guess 'cause the other stuff is coming in a priority envelope, it's coming in the little mail truck.... i got the two bases (white OF COURSE lol) and the natural, the shea and mango butters and the other soap samples, and the liquid dyes. the envelope should have the scrub samples. i can't wait to start!!!! :yay:

i am headed out to the health food store to get some goodies, oils and such and hopefully they have dr. bronner's soap, then walmart for oatmeal and cornmeal, and then the african or the indian store for goat's milk.

i am waiting to hear back from an acquaintance who keeps bees so i can pick up some honey and some beeswax. i want to try the lotion bar recipe too.

i must be out of my mind, i have candles to make for valentine's day too, and a couple still to test. i'm pretty new to the candle world, started about 10 months agao. jsut starting to sell, have to join the soap guild and get insurnace first! thank God my husband is an artist and lives in his own world, so doesn't mind the mess in the "real" world!!!! :laugh2:

i have a whole week off, starting today. yippee!!

i am so excited. two of my priority mail boxes came a little while ago. i guess 'cause the other stuff is coming in a priority envelope, it's coming in the little mail truck.... i got the two bases (white OF COURSE lol) and the natural, the shea and mango butters and the other soap samples, and the liquid dyes. the envelope should have the scrub samples. i can't wait to start!!!! :yay:

i am headed out to the health food store to get some goodies, oils and such and hopefully they have dr. bronner's soap, then walmart for oatmeal and cornmeal, and then the african or the indian store for goat's milk.

i am waiting to hear back from an acquaintance who keeps bees so i can pick up some honey and some beeswax. i want to try the lotion bar recipe too.

i must be out of my mind, i have candles to make for valentine's day too, and a couple still to test. i'm pretty new to the candle world, started about 10 months agao. jsut starting to sell, have to join the soap guild and get insurnace first! thank God my husband is an artist and lives in his own world, so doesn't mind the mess in the "real" world!!!! :laugh2:

i have a whole week off, starting today. yippee!!

Sounds like such a wonderful time you will be having. Would love to just be their to play and test with you...

To answer the question about why use liquid soap vs. glycerin and I'd like to take a stab at that..

Glycerin is wonderful for lather. It will help a *little bit* with bubbles. The liquid soap will boost your bubbles greatly. Some folks prefer the extra creamy lather, and some folks like lots of bubbles.. while others need to have both to feel like they are getting clean. LOL! So.. it's personal preference, and realizing that there is a difference between lather and bubbles I suppose.

Ok thanks this has cleared a lot up for me. I guess I never realized that lather and bubbles were different. I also that if you have bubbles that means you have lather. Wow there is so much to learn, I like my head is going to explode :shocked2:

Well thanks again, and I didnt mean to make anyone feel like I was questioning how they do something, is if it were the wrong thing to do. I was just curious as why one would use one over the other. But thanks PA for clearing that up for me.

Sounds like such a wonderful time you will be having. Would love to just be their to play and test with you...
Me too! :) Have fun!

thanks sharon and PA, i actually wish you could be here too! it would be more fun with people who get excited about the same stuff i do. hubby thinks i'm nuts.... oh wait...... he's right!

i got tom's natural organic liquid soap, hope it works as well as the doctor's.

my scrub samples came while we were gone. i have to call EBC and thank them. 2 days coast to coast!! and because of a little confusion with the shipping, nothing i would have worried about, they gave me all the samples free! i am totally blown away by them, they are the GREATEST!!!