Garlic Soap?

Melanie

I have a gentleman that is asking for a bar of garlic soap. I am thinking OMG but .... what would happen if I put real pulverized garlic in a sample bar? That is besides it drivin me out of my soaping room. Do you think the scent would stick?

THAT is a good idea. I have had FOs and EO cling to my silicone liners and make it through freezer paper - I think a disposable mold would be in order. For a 2# batch you can cut the end of one of those big flat flat-rate boxes and it'll be a log mold.

Maybe he has like a stalker he can't get rid of and is thinking if he bathes in this he could get rid of em.....well, not bathing could probably do the trick too.

Maybe he read somewhere that garlic is the new aphrodisiac. Or maybe his stalker is a vampire and he wants em nowhere near him.

:laugh2:

It is still odd!

Angi

As gross or crazy as it may sound, garlic has many benefits this man may be thinking will carry over into soap.

For instance, garlic is said to be anti-fungal and some believe it relieves joint and back pains, arthritis and rhuematism. Stimulate metabolism and the immune system, helps detox the body among other things. Garlic apparently works on deworming too.

I think if the guy wants a garlic soap, you need to use the real thing and something that doesn't smell like it. So that would probably be not just the pulp of the garlic, but fresh garlic juice too.

And/or the guy could fear vampires or just want to keep evil spirits away.

I was thinking that maybe he wants soap that removes garlic scent. Maybe he used some before and called it Garlic Soap, same thing as a Kitchen Odor Soap, KWIM? I truly doubt he wants a garlic scented soap! I would ask him for sure.

EDITED: Sorry I missed your previous post. Well honestly, I love the smell of garlic when I'm cooking but certainly would never wants the smell on ME. Sounds like a bad gift choice only a man would think of. That's so frickin weird! LOL

Melany