Strawberry Banana Marble

CandleLytes

I use IGI1343 and start the wax out like normal, add vybar and stearic and scent, then decide which color I want. I only use liquid dye as I don't think anything else will work, then let the wax cool, constantly stirring once it starts to get a film. I continue to stir until it looks like runny mashed potatos and add two or three drops of dye, Stir slightly, ( I zig zag across the wax a few times) just enough to get the marble look and then pour. The next step is very important in getting those air bubbles out... I heat the side of the mold with my heat gun and take a second to tap the mold on the counter a couple times, then heat once more then tap again just like before. Be careful when your adding your dye not to get it too close to the sides of the mold because then it just seems to create "blotches" of color instead of marbled color no matter how you stir it.

I use IGI1343 and start the wax out like normal, add vybar and stearic and scent, then decide which color I want. I only use liquid dye as I don't think anything else will work, then let the wax cool, constantly stirring once it starts to get a film. I continue to stir until it looks like runny mashed potatos and add two or three drops of dye, Stir slightly, ( I zig zag across the wax a few times) just enough to get the marble look and then pour. The next step is very important in getting those air bubbles out... I heat the side of the mold with my heat gun and take a second to tap the mold on the counter a couple times, then heat once more then tap again just like before. Be careful when your adding your dye not to get it too close to the sides of the mold because then it just seems to create "blotches" of color instead of marbled color no matter how you stir it.

I dont do pillars but was think about doing this in my containers. Have you done this before? Do you think it would work. Well I am going to try it tomorrow and I will let you know how it goes. These are just beautiful candles, job well done.

I dont do pillars but was think about doing this in my containers. Have you done this before? Do you think it would work.

I have not personaly done this but I have seen others who by the grace of god seemed to make it work with soy. When asked they said paraffin did not worl as well. Something about the color spread out in containers but with soy it didn't. I am sure it's still the same process. Drop a few drops of dye in there and swirl it around a little. Let me know how they turn out.

dont do pillars but was think about doing this in my containers. Have you done this before?

If you follow the link to the old craft server board there are several pics of marble container candles. Look for posts by EB_Candles, she has a lot of them there.

If you follow the link to the old craft server board there are several pics of marble container candles. Look for posts by EB_Candles, she has a lot of them there.

Ok wow this is really hard to do, and mine came out looking like crap.

The first time I tried black cherry and added black and red but I let the wax get to hard and then I couldnt get it into the jar.

The second one I did was lemongrass sage and use yellow and green but mixed it to much and now have a dinosaur egg that is all yellow with green spots. And my tops look horrible.

I will check out the other threads on the old message board but I dont think they used soy back then. I did have about 25% paraffin in these candles so maybe I will try and all paraffin container candle and see if that work, just not sure yet.

From what I understood in her posts she did use soy wax, poured it into the container, let it set for a few, dropped in a drop or two of color and swirled it a bit. Like I said, I think that's what she did. I'm going to try it on wednesday (my day off) and see how it comes out. Unless you do it first, LOL.

From what I understood in her posts she did use soy wax, poured it into the container, let it set for a few, dropped in a drop or two of color and swirled it a bit. Like I said, I think that's what she did. I'm going to try it on wednesday (my day off) and see how it comes out. Unless you do it first, LOL.

Ok well maybe that would work if I pored it into the container and then added the color. I will have to give this a try and see how it goes. Hopefully it will turn out better than the other ones I did.

If I get the bug tonight, I will let you know but if not tomorrow for sure.

These candles are just so beautiful, I want to have some really beautiful ones too.

Ok so I did the soy jar container candle. It came out A LOT better then the others I tried. But I still got a lot of work to do on this. The last photo is the one spot I dont like out of the candle. I tried to make sure I didnt drop the dye on the side of the container but that is were some of it ended up. Also to top part of the candle is more mixed then the bottom, but hey I tried.

Here you go.

Here's a thought.

Have you tried dipping a skewer or something in to a drop of dye, then dipping it in to the wax in the jar and swirling it around that way, that way maybe you'll have more control of what the dye does and where it goes. I am going to try it tonight with cucumber melon. What you've got in the pics looks really close though.

Yeah I did think about doing that. But my main mistake was I used 2 full drops of brown in that candle, 9oz. I know that was way to much. But at least this gives me something I kinda feel good about and now would like to try again. After the other ones I didnt want to try anymore but then I figured just one more time. My husband actually came home today and said now that is a start.

With this one I used a Popsicle stick to swirl it, which did a lot better than using my spoon.

Good luck tonight, I am sure you will get better results than me. Cant want to see.