Comment From Customer REally Ticked Me off!!

SueH

I have a small booth in a craft store and this woman has been calling because she used to buy Cinnamon Red Hot tarts from someone else who used to sell them there. I'm now making tarts. I sell 2 1oz tarts for 1.50, this other lady used to sell them in clamshells. I don't know what her price was but I sell 2 in a package for 1.50. This lady said that she'll consider buying them when I lower my prices:mad: . She also wants them delivered rather than coming to the store. I feel like telling her to kiss my butt! What do you think?

I wouldn't waste my time with her. Apparently she must not have been much of a big-time customer, otherwise the person she USED to get them from would still be making them for her.

Reduce your prices? Get real. One 0.8oz Yankee tart costs $1.99. Did she give you a reason why she thinks you should drop the price for her?

Delivery? That's totally out of the question. You have made an investment in renting a space so that people have easy access to your products.

I wouldn't waste my time with her. Apparently she must not have been much of a big-time customer, otherwise the person she USED to get them from would still be making them for her.

Reduce your prices? Get real. One 0.8oz Yankee tart costs $1.99. Did she give you a reason why she thinks you should drop the price for her?

Delivery? That's totally out of the question. You have made an investment in renting a space so that people have easy access to your products.

What sockmonkey said. Some will just ask for the most ridiculous concessions just because they can.

The world is full of people like that, just ignore them and move on. Some of the people I have dealt with along the way would make your head spin. Just smile and thank her for her imput and tell her you will take it under consideration. When she walks away never think of her or her stupid comment again. You can still tell someone to take a hike with a smile. Trust me.

Well, I love that response..LOL. It is people like that , that have no respect.Tell her, the other lady isnt that is because she didnt charge enough. I am here for awhile. I make quality products and you will enjoy them even more , when you can come back and buy more-because you will still be there! Ö¿Ö

I wouldn't be surprised if she is a pain in the butt customer everywhere she shops.

Just stick to your guns. Your price and delivery for a set minimum you decide on. But always be nice. You never know when that customer might do a complete turn around and be your best customer. It can happen. Not often, but I have had it happen to me.... once. ;)

Why would that piss you off? Just say that unfortunately you cannot accommodate her request and move on.

I thought the same thing. When you have a business, you will always find someone that wants something for nothing and fusses that your prices are too high. To me, its water off a duck's back and off you go.

I thought the same thing. When you have a business, you will always find someone that wants something for nothing and fusses that your prices are too high. To me, its water off a duck's back and off you go.

When I read your post I got this funny mental picture of her 'quacking' at the customer.:laugh2:

Now that is the truth right there!

Forget her and focus on the customers that generate you a profit. It's your business, YOU determine the price. Wax prices have more than doubled since the first of the year. You have to look at the bottom line.. droping price and delivering?? Some things.. and people.. just are not worth the effort. If she doesnt like your prices she can TRY to find them cheaper somewhere else.

Like to see Walmart drop prices just because someone demands them too. If she was such a good customer of the previous person whe would still be doing business with her.

I don't post that often, but that just burns my BUTT! I agree with all the above. I feel you're not even selling them for enough. Then, lowering your prices, (Not). If, it was a favor for someone, or giving a discount, yes. But, for someone, (know matter who) being that Bold, and trying to get over, I wouldn't even give it another thought. You, know what you put into making your product, and that's all that matters.:yay: :yay: