Looking For A Wood Lid...

Lisa,

If you find Mahogany lids please let me know. I use WSP wooden lids for my candles and I brand them with a Texas Star.

I would so LOVE mahogany!

Oh! What about getting the lids from WSP and staining in a Mahogany stain? Now that's a thought. A little time consuming, but.... they are solid wood, and really nice lids too! The stain could be easily brushed on the lids! OK, I'll try it...don't twist my arm...I'll let you know how they turn out....I have tons of the lids! LOL

Carrie

Glad to see you up and on the board too!

Thanks Carrie I will check it out :highfive: And I am feeling better and better:grin2:

Lisa,

If you find Mahogany lids please let me know. I use WSP wooden lids for my candles and I brand them with a Texas Star.

I would so LOVE mahogany!

Oh! What about getting the lids from WSP and staining in a Mahogany stain? Now that's a thought. A little time consuming, but.... they are solid wood, and really nice lids too! The stain could be easily brushed on the lids! OK, I'll try it...don't twist my arm...I'll let you know how they turn out....I have tons of the lids! LOL

Carrie

Glad to see you up and on the board too!

We did get wooden lids from wsp. They are nice lids. We didn't use them because the lid messed with my CT on my candle. Smelled woody,musky....It didn't bother my husband he wanted to do it anyway...we really liked the look, but I couldn't do it. They were pretty cool though. ( we even tried to spray them too) LeeAnn~

Thanks! My sons friends Grandpa is a master woodworker out of his home. I know he has a lathe to turn them. I am going to meet with him to see if he can make custom ones. I would like to have the name burned into them.

We will see :undecided

you know you might check at some of the online woodcraft stores. i'm pretty sure i've seen wooden lids in some of the catalogs we used to get.

Thanks! My sons friends Grandpa is a master woodworker out of his home. I know he has a lathe to turn them. I am going to meet with him to see if he can make custom ones. I would like to have the name burned into them.

We will see :undecided

Hi Lisa,

The previous owner of our home is a master wood craftsman as well. He built the home we live in and that is why we have a 3000 square foot shop - he did his work in there. Our home is full of beautiful woodwork (dark wood) that he did. We cannot take credit for any of it. The uniqueness of the woodwork was one of the main things that attracted us to this house. He probably would not have time to do lids (he is semi-retired but I think he started up again somewhere). One of these days, I may email his wife (we keep in touch from time to time) and ask if he could do lids or knows of someone that would. I will let you know too if I ever look into it. Please let me know if you find out anything regarding a darker wood as well. Thanks!

~Holly

Great! I know you would like them too :) Hopfully we can find someone :highfive:

Hi Lisa,

The previous owner of our home is a master wood craftsman as well. He built the home we live in and that is why we have a 3000 square foot shop - he did his work in there. Our home is full of beautiful woodwork (dark wood) that he did. We cannot take credit for any of it. The uniqueness of the woodwork was one of the main things that attracted us to this house. He probably would not have time to do lids (he is semi-retired but I think he started up again somewhere). One of these days, I may email his wife (we keep in touch from time to time) and ask if he could do lids or knows of someone that would. I will let you know too if I ever look into it. Please let me know if you find out anything regarding a darker wood as well. Thanks!

~Holly

If you do get a wood lid from one of the suppliers, staining would be awesome, but you first need to sand the lid to get the satin finish off, then stain and put a clear coat on top and you might want to let them sit a while because of the stain smell.....but it would definitely work.

Trappeur

I buy all of my wooden lids from WSP, no coating on them, just plain wood. They are the best I've been able to find. What's neat also, is they ship the plastic insert separately.

I'm going to be staining some this week as soon as I get to the store and buy some mahogany stain. We brand ours with a Texas Star....my DH made me a branding iron.

• 2 years later...