Coconut Oil Holy Cow!

thesoapbox

I have been getting my coconut oil at WalMart and the normal price has been $3.48, the Luann brand. Well, I went today to replenish my stock and man the price is now $5.28! What a jump in price! Kind of sucks but I still had to break down and get it so I can make soap for a swap.

Angi

All of the oils have skyrocketed, it's not just wax. Last year in Oct. I purchased 50lbs of coconut 92 for $46.50 it's now $65.00, 50 lbs of lard & tallow was $25.00 now it's $40.00. I wish I could find my invoice for olive I know that's gone way up which is why I'm using RBO now. Hope things even out soon otherwise if the prices keep doubling each year I'm not sure people will pay the prices I'll have to charge to make any sort of profit.

be prepared, major soap manufacturers are pushing the market even more toward bodywash as the cost of bar soap ingredients continue to climb.

so customers, as they are influenced by such things, might be looking for more liquid soap products than ever.

I've been reformulating my liquid soap and now I finally have it like I want it, but I'm out of KOH...I called my chemical supply place that I by my lye and KOH from and the price has nearly doubled!!! Now I will have to wait a little more to get it because I wasn't prepared to pay $160 for 50 pounds!

And the coconut here in the PNW is nearly $7.00 at the super walmart - I used to buy it there in a pinch when I was out of my bulk stuff, but now, no way!

I'm going to start rendering my own lard too because it's doubled as well.